My first Cannondale has arrived!

TheJaspMan

#31 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by haydug
now is a good time to put stainless bolts in it. As for you plastic, we have a special for $109 to put red on it, and save the flag for future "college fund" use. That stuff my be worth something before to long.
As for your D&M kit, untill you get the money to buy one, just run up one day and I'll map it for FREE!!  :wow
Also, spend alittle time with you going over some stuff that I've learned about the beauties.

Is the $109 for all the plastic? Or just the front?

When I change the plug I was going to do teh fuel line update and the battery box too. Guess I will do all that tonight.

haydug

#32 Post by haydug »

That would be for all the plastic. Check here for the special.

thomez

#33 Post by thomez »

Don't forget to change your coolant ASAP too smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#34 Post by TheJaspMan »

OK, I can say is: "OMFG!!!!" I pray I never foul a plug on the trail! I am used to changing plugs in about 2 mins. That was a job. I must say it fired right up though. I let it run for at least 15 mins and then trucked around the yard a few times. I'm sure the neighbors were happy to see it running too! lol

TheJaspMan

#35 Post by TheJaspMan »

I was a good excuse to try out the headlights too. The house sits lower than the rest. So there is nothing better than the crsip echo of a four strokes thunder at 11pm at night!

Jammer72

#36 Post by Jammer72 »

I made a tube that fits in my bumper that contains just the tools for changing a plug on the trail. Haven't needed it yet but I know the day I forget it wham!!!smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#37 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Jammer72
I made a tube that fits in my bumper that contains just the tools for changing a plug on the trail. Haven't needed it yet but I know the day I forget it wham!!!smile.gif

That was the other thing. At one point I started screaming at that little tiny bolt that holds the lockdown on the plug boot. I wonder why they didn't make it the same size as all the other little bolts surronding it?

After the first two body bolts came out I quickly realized that I needed a power tool. So I cut the curved end off my allen wrench and put it into a cordless. Made things much quicker.

When I put nerfs on, what is the best way to secure the rear fenders. I was going to remove the heel guards to eliminate mud catching. But I am afraid the fenders will flop around too much.

Jammer72

#38 Post by Jammer72 »

Use the brackets from the heel guards. I havent dont it yet but I think you can do it by making one bend to the heel guard brackets. I'll find out as soon as i put mine on./

TheJaspMan

#39 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Jammer72
Use the brackets from the heel guards. I havent dont it yet but I think you can do it by making one bend to the heel guard brackets. I'll find out as soon as  i put mine on./

Have you ordered yours yet?

Jammer72

#40 Post by Jammer72 »

Yep had them for a while. Haydug hooked me up a couple of months ago for a great deal.