The Horror The Horror

thomez

#31 Post by thomez »

Good one biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#32 Post by LapTraffic »

Will a Stainless steel bolt work for a arm mounts and shock mounts? I have a machine shop near me that sells all kinds of custom bolts and I need to replace mine. Already snapped my lower shock bolt and I noticed the front a arm bolts are showing signs of wear, one's even bent!! :eek:

wistech

#33 Post by wistech »

I was just discussing that with ryanstones. The dale a arm mounts seem to be so strong that the bolts will bend before the mount will crush the spacers tight enough. One solution is to use thin washers to take up the clearance or get stronger bolts. See wghat kind of deal you can get on bolts and nut in stainless. Maybe a bulk order discount is in order.

Derno24

#34 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by USAMoto00
Your wife must love washing your undies!:cry: :eek:  OXY clean I'll bet.:rotf

We gave up tryin to clean em just burn them and buy new. This may be the sole reason I stop riding.....Can't afford more underpants.tongue.gif

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by wistech
I was just discussing that with ryanstones.   The dale a arm mounts seem to be so strong that the bolts will bend before the mount will crush the spacers tight enough. One solution is to use thin washers to take up the clearance or get stronger bolts.  See wghat kind of deal you can get on bolts and nut in stainless.  Maybe a bulk order discount is in order.

If you guys would like I can check on my end too. i have been replacing alot of my bolts with stainless, but I haven't looked at the mount bolts yet. just about every other one though.

EuroGOD

#36 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by Derno24
We gave up tryin to clean em just burn them and buy new.  This may be the sole reason I stop riding.....Can't afford more underpants.tongue.gif

Getting a little personal here, BUT , I've never worn the darn things...

Kramer from Seinfeld " I'm out there baby an' lovin' every minute of it" :w: :w:

Derno24

#37 Post by Derno24 »

I tried that before it just moves the skids to your pants. I like keeping the fella's in order.

DangerRanger

#38 Post by DangerRanger »

Check your local ACE hardware, I got all mine there, either hex head or flange head, higher grade, and they had stainless ones too, I have maybe 25bucks in all new stronger hardware for the front end and some misc stuff.

ben

thomez

#39 Post by thomez »

As a former True Value employee I will say that they should also have this stuff, if you have one of those closer.

LapTraffic

#40 Post by LapTraffic »

Im a dyed in the wool McLendons man