eBay Ethics Poll

bansheebeater

Re: eBay Ethics Poll

#31 Post by bansheebeater »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
For anyone who will respond honestly I would like to post a poll about how you handle eBay auctions.

In the past and recently I recognized a name or login of the high bidder on something 'wanted' not 'needed'. I didn't bid out of personal respect from this site. I feel it wrongly boosts the price of something that the other bidder may 'need'.

What are your feelings?

i definately agree. somebody else might need it more than i want it and its a professional courtesy thing. i just bought a carb on ebay and guys from z400central bid it up on me. and they already had aftermarket carbs. i would only do it if the person is buying to sell.

Exodus

#32 Post by Exodus »

If I didnt know he needed it, yes, I would sell it him. As sar as costing him extra money, I might have saved him money if he has to go buy a new part from the speed shop. I do have the curtesy to stand down if a freind of mine is bidding on a part, but thats not to say I wouldnt bid on something a friend is bidding on. It all depends on the part, how much, and how bad I, or he needs it. Its to hypothitical for me to give a good answer. But I'll be happy to swallow my foot. As tight as me and my friends are, I'm pretty sure if he bought something out from under me or the other way around, the right person would end up with the part. As far as you guys on this site goes, if I recognize the name of bidder, I try and get ahold of him to see if he really needs it. If its cheap, I might even through a bid that way, just all depends on the curcumstance. I guess I'm way to oppertunistic to nail down a definative answer, so I'll just get a salt shaker and dine on my delightful foot.