Just rode a YFZ

acarli3

#31 Post by acarli3 »

I have both a cdale and YFZ. cdale is a better ride but the YFZ engine smokes my cdale everytime. I am not brand loyal. When I go to purchase a new quad, I simply ask everyone what's the best thing out there. It was cdale 2 years ago. last year the torch was handed to the YFZ. Now I have seen some cdale 450's that are very comparable, but the 429cc stockers can't hold a candle to the YFZ. Yes, our dales differ in performance! We all use different maps and often for the wrong terrain. It's not a night and day difference between these 2 machines. It's the suspension, seat, throttle, handling characteristics, etc, that are more noticable when you ride both for extended period of times and not just a quick test ride.

danyeo

#32 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by cdalepilot
danyeo, here is a couple of pics of me and my loyalty and there are no doors . :usa :usa :

I wish you and all the other Dale riders goodluck. And count yourself lucky if yours hasn't blown the engine yet. I liked my Cannibal and didn't want to get rid of it but it tought me a lesson after blowing the engine twice that i shouldn't have strayed away from Honda or Yamaha. Cannondale was really way over their head in this quad venture.

danyeo

#33 Post by danyeo »

here is a pic of SandGod racing his brothers stock YFZ and a modded Raptor. I beleive he had a pipe on his Dale and the Raptor is modded. The YFZ is slightly ahead of the Raptor and the Dale is trailing.

TheJaspMan

#34 Post by TheJaspMan »

Was this thread started just to start a 'my quad is faster than your quad' flame war? Or has it turned into one? If so, go to atvsource. com or somepleace like that.

I am really sorry that you had bad luck with your Cdale. But I like my American made quad, as does my wife. And if the next 100 hours is as flawless as the first I'll be just fine with some issues including engine failure.

If you want or own a YFZ I would suggest yfzcentral.com. They are nice guys too. And you might feel more comfortable discussing how much you like your ride over there and less time trying to start an argument here.

My teammate and brother in law rides a decked out YFZ. Is it nice? Yes. Has it been beaten by Cdales. Yes. But is it still fast? Of course. But does it always win? No. I did not need your opinion or anyone elses to decide that I want a quad designed, built and owned in America. Speed is not the only reason I choose them. I have had better luck with my Cdale than my last Yamaha. But you will NEVER see me start a thread like this. It's childish.

As for the picture. Who cares. I could show you video of the same three quads and a stock Blaze is smoking them. Been there, done that theory. If you switched riders the ending would end up diffrent each time.

And in the end explain this: why is Gust winning on a Z400 against so many YFZs and TRXs? Could it be that rider ability has more to do with it than CCs?

And why are there guys racing in that picture with no helmets on?

sillysspeed

#35 Post by sillysspeed »

^^^^^^ what he said :usa

Derno24

#36 Post by Derno24 »

Guys I am good friends with Danyeo and he was definitely dealt a bad Dale. He has had issues with it since day one. He is a great guy though and I will have to stick up for him until he tells me otherwise. Besides guys no one should feel unwelcome here Dan is a good guy!

Now onto the quad comparison.

Reliability: yamaha- heck most pros can't keep them together for mx just as much if not more than Dales. Chris Borich can't keep his going so they aren't very reliable.

Honda - I think they are more reliable than the others, but not on the level as most would think. Why is it Farr has sucked all year. hmmmm.

Dales - We have our issues too. One thing we lack is a company with which to fall back on.

Power -

Rode the Yammi and yes has Balls galore I rode a stocker/ not impressed, one with pipe and cam mod pretty nice. Now the real ticket full system, cam mod, and rev box. Extra 1,000 rpms and she hauls booty. That seat kick me in the balls to many times to like it. I am 5'8" and I should feel at home, but my nuts didn't. Rode the Honda very smooth and comfortable. Felt like I could go faster on it because of the set-up. Power was no where near on par with the dale. Now 4punks gave me a run for my money till we hit the top at the group ride. I gave up about 60 lbs to him though so I think that makes a difference. Weight on such a low rwhp machine makes a huge difference. Even on 165 hp street bikes 10 lbs is worth almost a tenth in the 1/4 mile so drags don't cut it for me.

I currently have a 450 with the goodies and I think it hauls as much as the yfz does, but I ride xc and have had the worst problem tuning it down so it will handle in the tight stuff. So power isn't always the answer.

Good luck to everyone!

sillysspeed

#37 Post by sillysspeed »

Dan must still have bad blood with the Cdale..

Oh, BTW I'd bet the house that if Lurker or Timbo was on the dale in the picture, It would be a different story. biggrin.gif :usa

Ryanstones

#38 Post by Ryanstones »

The YFZ is like 93% the size of a 'dale. I'm sure i could enjoy it, but i doubt i could learn to love it.

Some of you guys weren't around back when nobody knew anything about these quads. Most everything seems easy to fix now, but at first everyproblem was huge.
I appreciate the input Danyeo.

cdalepilot

#39 Post by cdalepilot »

fellow cdalers , first off i want to apologize ,being a moderator i should of handled this differently , i was defending cdales and all of us faithful cdale owners , but i did it in the wrong way . everyone has the right to there own opinions , just not on this site ; (just kidding ha, ha), there are comments in this thread that are considered cdale bashing , ''whether you have had a bad experiance or not with a cdale ''and it will not be tolerated on this forum . please don't do it anymore . ''have a nice day'' ! :usa

Derno24

#40 Post by Derno24 »

So why the threat Cdalepilot?