cannondaleriders november ride

USAMoto00

#31 Post by USAMoto00 »

What happened to the Falicon Dale??

USAMoto00

#32 Post by USAMoto00 »

Was there a bad seal someplace? Extremely dirty air filter? Loose throttle body boot? I'm just curious because I like to avoid a problem before it happens if possible. My one friend's Dale locked up like that from using a K&N air filter. It seemed tight, but you could jiggle it enough to stick some fingers in the opening.sad.gif

USAMoto00

#33 Post by USAMoto00 »

That's why I'm asking, I have the same set-up!!:eek: :wow

haydug

#34 Post by haydug »

Got the airfilter off, man, it sucked DIRT!! sad.gif I guess my new mechanic oiled the filter with spray oil, instead of filter oil in the bottle.
Let this be a lesson to everyone. Thoroughly soak your filter with a good quality oil ( I use Belray) and grease the lip where it seals on the airbox. The spray oil doesn't penetrate enough, still allowing fine dust to penetrate. I will have a full report on the damage tonight, should have it back and running again tomorrow.
Oh, and yes it is for sale this week, I had a little set back, and need to generate some cash. So, I'm putting everything I have that runs up for sale, which ever sales first, I'll keep the rest. And let this be a lesson as well, if you want to loose a friend, loan him $5. :cry:

haydug

#35 Post by haydug »

I starting to wonder, did the loneracer ride my bike while I wasn't looking?? :hammer:

DH440

#36 Post by DH440 »

And let this be a lesson as well, if you want to loose a friend, loan him $5.
How about $4200 Good buddy?!

lil jbr

hey rook

#37 Post by lil jbr »

it might be faster than the ex but the ex wouldnt have died!!!tongue.gif

cdrookie

#38 Post by cdrookie »

thats true, lil j. i couldn't believe it, racing around in a dust bowl all day and the top end goes. boy those cannondales must be junk. i heard they break HMF's also. why would anybody want one of those things when there are so many ex's around?rolleyes.gif

Derno24

Re: hey rook

#39 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by lil jbr
it might be faster than the ex but the ex wouldnt have died!!!tongue.gif

Are you still here LilJ?

aroracer72

#40 Post by aroracer72 »

shure do wish i could make it....but unfortunately i cant....im majorly bummed out :cry:
CHAD