bombsquad

Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

size

Happyboy

#32 Post by Happyboy »

I personally do NOT beleive that they ever tore the head off. If they had they would have discovered this. I mean this thing would have been rattling around. Frank is going to love that pic.

haydug

#33 Post by haydug »

Well, I have just caught this thread, all I can say is "UGLY". As for your dealer helping you out, yes he should be 100% responsible, as for Frank @ ATK having anything in it, I would say he does not have any responsibility here: but if he helps, then kuddos to Frank.
Now, what Frank should learn here: Just because someone is an ATK dealer, doesn't qualify them to work on the cannondale/atk. I have suggested to him already about having a tech school for dealers on the engines. I hope this is a good example of why I would reccomend that.

Keep me posted on your parts list, and I'll get them out to you when Sean is ready for them.

Happyboy

#34 Post by Happyboy »

Well, that is all she wrote. I have the crank out and everything else looks good. The oil pumps survived pretty much unscathed. Amazing they didn't get trashed.

bombsquad54

#35 Post by bombsquad54 »

update guys on the parts list:
full gasket and o ring kit
hdc 450 kit
alloy impeler
z400 crank bearing
tophat washers
overflow bottle
stage 8
oil line update
labor.
powdercoated side, valve covers
machined flywheel
over 1000.00 dollars now

Happyboy

#36 Post by Happyboy »

Well, guess what......The motor was finally finished!! Actually was about 1 week ago but due to my surgery I couldn't get it installed until know. So Ben comes down to help install it and pick it up. smile.gif

After a couple hours of assembly she is done. Well, after priming it a couple of times she finally comes to life. Sputtered for a second and died. So, hit the starter button again and she fired right up. Runs great. He runs it up and down the street a little and says he is extremely happy. Says the 450 makes a world of difference. Unfortunatly, I still can't ride because of my surgery. So, I have no idea how it rides.

Well, he is driving back home right now with his HBR moto. :head:

Happyboy

#37 Post by Happyboy »

peekaboo!

Happyboy

#38 Post by Happyboy »

Ah, such a nice looking quad. And you just missed the plumber's crack!

bombsquad54

#39 Post by bombsquad54 »

sad.gif well you will be sad to know, it wont start. .. lol i think i fouled that crappy plug. it is a freaking beast! it my fault that the plug fouled, it hit the gas when trying to start it. oooooooops! i have er running tomorrow with action pics!

Happyboy

#40 Post by Happyboy »

I just think it misses me. Remember to prime it once or twice before you crank it over and keep your thumb off that throttle!!! smile.gif

Well, you did say you wanted to polish her up. Now is your chance since you are going to have that plastic off. :mad: