Age?

cdaleracer52

#31 Post by cdaleracer52 »

im 16 soon to be 17 in 3 monthes. I was about 6 when i wrode my first quad. My dad had friends with quads so we would go to there house on weekends and i would ride. I got my first quad when i was 10, it was a kawi lakoda 300 utility. For my size, that thing ripped, you couldn't imagine how scared i was the first time i flipped it. i got intrested in dirtbikes so we bought 2 old jukers, a old suzuki 100 and an 86 xr 200. i realized that i could never part from the whole quad scene and wanted another quad badly. So we got a warrior. This was the quad that i began jumping on. I had that for awhile but Sold it with the intentions of getting a better quad. i was about 14 here and withought a quad. I was at the beach for a week with my friend and to my suprise there was a raptor in my garage when i got home. I went crazy and called up everyone i knew lol. Thats when i started getting serious about riding. kept the raptor for a few monthes and then sold it after my dads friend wrode it and crashed it. Not that bad bent lsr axle and bent one of the a arms. I always wanted a 2 stroke so i founda project lt250r and did a major rebuild on it, this was before i realized that they were worth jack shi!t. During the Lt project my dad bought himself an LE raptor. I wrode the raptor alot more than my dad. i have a friend in school that owned dales and i always talked to him about them and howmuch i would want one but there to expensive. One day he told me that he was going to get another dale for a really good deal and asked if i was interested. I talked to my dad about it and he said yes, but i had to sell the LT. I was alittle bit disappointed becuase the LT just got over the rebuild a week before the cannondale offer so i didnt have much time to ride it. The LT was a beauty but i couldnt get anything for it, im not gonna tell you how much i put in it but all ill tell you is that i sold it for $2800 and still lost money. Right after i sold the LT a guy bought the raptor for $5500, my dad hardly wrode it and it was a good offer. Now it was just me and the cannibal. It was the best quad i ever bought. it felt like it has twice the power of the raptor. Now im on the never ending route to hookin it up. its about 99% MX cuz i dont have a kill switch. and im gonna try to shoot for long travel next year.

Heres a few pics of me with the lakoda ( i was mad cuz i had to stop riding)

the LT, cannondale and raptor

and a few lt rebuild pics

cdaleracer52

#32 Post by cdaleracer52 »

the onlything i did to it when it was blue, was the axle.

cdaleracer52

#33 Post by cdaleracer52 »

the fleet at one point

Mjollnir

#34 Post by Mjollnir »

I'm 28, turn 29 next week. The 26th if anyone wants to PayPal me a gift. :w:

Started riding at about 10, rode an RT180 (Yammi) and later a YZ250 until I was about 17, when my dad sold the bikes.

Ride friends stuff until November of 2002, when I bought my first quad, my 2003 'dale. eek! Cannondale declared bankruptcy 2 months later, and I kicked myself.

Bought my second dale in early 2004, when I picked up my wife's 2002 Cannibal for a low enough price so that I could actually break even between the arm and leg I traded for the 2003 and the screamin' deal I got on the 2002.

I love these things, and the rider community is half of why I love them so much. Great bikes, great people.

Marc

cdalemx301

#35 Post by cdalemx301 »

ok so im 19 ill be 20 in august im surprised to find so many people my age on here i thought it was all people in there mid 20's....I started off on an 88 warrior when i was 14 then a blast about a year later then the dale in August o 02....still have the warrior sold the blaster....and my motor has never been dropped from my bike....still running strong and my original battery just died when i was in Ohio for NEMX so so far i have been pretty lucky

MichiganMXer722

#36 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

20 here

Been riding since i was about 9 or 10, the dale is the third quad i've owned, warrior, 400ex then the dale. After building the EX into everything i ever wanted i decided i wanted another challenge and i must say i have one now:) Been racing for the last few years all over michigan. It seems though i have more fun building the quad, picking out parts and putting it together then i do riding it.

r.porter

#37 Post by r.porter »

Wow , I knew I was older than most but not that much. I'm 47 and have been riding and racing on and off for about 32 years. I have owned a Cannondale since they first came out that was late 2000, still have that one and a couple others.

guthrie08

#38 Post by guthrie08 »

im 17 going on 18 in september, first quad i owned was a moto-4 at the age of 10, that thing had no suspension and was a blast lol, switched to a polaris magnum, then introduced to the sport industry with the honda 300ex. held up to my abuse for 2 years then it was time for it to go. Got really into mx with the 300 and after reading these forums and saving up my money for 2 years, i realized a cdale was for me. I found an incredible deal with doug on one of the ATK/cannondale 450s, has consumed my life since then.

cannibal67

#39 Post by cannibal67 »

I started out with a suzuki J.R. 50 then got a yamaha moto 4 sold it my dad got a foreman 450 been riding it lately. I had an XR200R sold it then bought a honda 250X with no plastic or seat rode it for a while and traded it straight up for my cannibal. :head: :usa

jessi jane

#40 Post by jessi jane »

I am 19 will be 20 on March 1st. I got a blaster about 7 months ago. I had a polaris sportsman 335 before that, that is what I learned how to ride a 4-wheeler on. lol We sold that long time ago so I don't have it anymore. My boyfriend is the one that talked me into getting my blaster and got me to start riding again. Other wise I wouldn't even have a 4-wheeler and I would probably always be riding on the back of his.