Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

PeeWee

#311 Post by PeeWee »

Hmm.....to have all that stuff bent and broken on it....what in the heck were you doing racing it? I know the frame by frame pics....the only thing i see that is bent is a dent in the HMF???? I don't see a broken subframe...the swinger looks pretty good to me.....the plastic is in good shape.....spare parts i guess? From everything that you said and the picture that has been painted.....it looks like you took a dump on the C-Dale community!!!!!

Happyboy

#312 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, if it was that damaged you shouldn't have ever taken it out on the track. And you have said a couple times not that the crank broke in half. How do you know this? If the case isn't damaged I would doubt the crank broke in half from any stress from the accident.

Kara, no one doubts you were in an accident or hurt. It sucks completely that it happened. Why did the insurance not cover it? That makes no sense at all. You should have taken them to court if they didn't cover it.

Now, a lot of people jumped in the arena to get you going when you said you didn't have the money to support the habit yourself. They donated parts, labor, time to help you out. I think I even remember someone donated your front suspension. After the accident why not just turn back to the community that got you there in the first place? What you do now is your choice. And you will have it looming over you for a long time if you stay on the internet like you have. I would personally say strip the cannondale back down and return everything you can. Damaged or not if you are not using the parts then you shouldn't be keeping them.

I feel really bad for the people that spent alot of time getting this bike going as good as it did just to see it blown up and sit there.

dalewannbe

#313 Post by dalewannbe »

The people that donated items and services should at least be contacted to see if they want their items back. Their were alot of people that stepped up to help you out. You should at least have the decency to contact them.

wistech

#314 Post by wistech »

Diggin up bones here but I did find out what failed on Karas engine. The crank broke under the flywheel bearing causing the quad to shut off due to no more crank signals. From what I can tell this has only happened to 2 cranks ever. I dont think the accident had anything to do with this failure. To bad she let her dumb boyfriend take the engine apart with a hammer and chisel doing all sort of damage to it. It could have back on track with just a new crank end but things didnt work out that way .
On a side note I was talking in this thread about getting a stock part engine to 55 horse and not to long later the little engine that could blew past that mark.