ATK & Ebay

cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

Very true.I am sure if money wasnt a issue all kinds of great things would come about.I just think the oppotunity for profits doesnt get any better than on all those parts he bought.So it would be crazy to just give them away.Kind of Haydugs reason for making this thread.

Happyboy

#42 Post by Happyboy »

Giving them away? No way. But pricing them at a fair and reasonable price is different from what they have been doing. They were charging $5.00 per valve seal! Those things are normally less than that for a set!! Then look at the misc bolts and nuts they carry, $10 per exhaust nut!!

Big difference between ripping people off and making a fair buck.

cannondale27

#43 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh Wow!I didnt know about that going on.

Happyboy

#44 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, it was a big shocker when I ordered 2 sets of valve seals and got a bill of $40+. Thank god it was through Brad!! I then went on a mission and found the supplier of the seals, then got them and brad together. Not got 2 sets for under $10! Thank goodness brad is around to buy a couple thousand items at a time. smile.gif

Man, they have jacked the retail up on so many items it ain't funny. They have now been dropping the prices on items on ebay to just get more parts sold. If they were smart about it to begin with they would have priced the parts at like 100-150% markup and been happy with that. So now we have had people going to outside vendors for parts and ATK has felt it.

claas900

#45 Post by claas900 »

..I think we need to get Dug,ATK,Brad and Cannondale. Lock them in a room. We'v got the bugs worked out of them so lets get Cdale to make them again. The R&D is done with them so lets keep the dream alive/going with them. O wait im dreaming now.
... UMM ATK is going to clean house and bail. But then again Honda never says what there going to come out untell they release it.

Brad Oakley

#46 Post by Brad Oakley »

Claas - What have you got against Doug and me??? j/k... (I have a hard enough time trying to figure out how to get out of UNlocked rooms)

cdalemx301

#47 Post by cdalemx301 »

I was thinking they were going to dump for awhile...but supposidly they have signed on with RXM to run the Baja race why would they spend so much to race the Baja if they arent even gonna sell the bike anymore? Are they planning on releasing anything at the dealer show? People love the power of these things but hate the "reliability" from what i have seen ATK has fixed some of those problems but people who bought the new ATK still seem like they are having electrical issues and other stupid little things that make the quad look bad because there are so few around.