Most Memorable Cannondale Times

Exodus

#41 Post by Exodus »

So,. Where is Johnny 5 and Monica anyway? Hope thier in good safe hands.

My most memorable moment was when I got my Cannondale back together after a winter rebuild. I had to tell myself to just take my time, I could hardly wait to hear it run. The time came and I tapped the start button and she roared to life. What a feeling.

Second would have to be when Colby tossed me the key and said "She's yours now, take good care of her." I was like a kid at Xmas, I spent about a week just polishing it and looking at it.

I cant forget to mention, every time I ride it. You know that fluttry feeling in your bellie, and that huge addrinaline rush, yeah I get that. Everytime I hit the gas and she takes off like a streak of poopy. I've got to be addicted.........

J. Delaney

#42 Post by J. Delaney »

When I bought my Cannibal I thought it was pretty quick. Till I raced a Raptor that is. I was reading on these sites how everyone just loved the power these things made and I was getting my a** handed to me by a piped Raptor! I could climb any hill, but I was getting killed in drag races. And that stupid 5th gear! What a joke! My brothers 400EX would walk away from me in 5th gear! After that first season, I decided to do a valve check and guess what I found. The intake cam was advanced one tooth! No wonder it had no top end! I corrected the cam timing and installed a full HMF system and it was like riding a completely different machine. That first ride was pure joy.

The next best ride was when I ported the head and installed a Timbo stroker and JE 450 kit. Whoa Nelly! Once I got the mapping sorted out it was nothing but giggles under the helmet!

aroracer72

#43 Post by aroracer72 »

My moment.........well theres two.....

1)when I first bought it, i drove to the guys house who i was buying it from.....and it had elka shocks, hipers..all teh goodies...i WAS like a little kid at christmas...then he started it, and i was jsut like i cant wait to ride this derrnn thing. Well i took it down his road and it was a blast cause it was pavement, and i was able to hit third, and woww did it have some power!!...specially going from a 250r to it!!!

Then my 2) moment was riding the Silver Lake dunes foir my second time on the dale, and had it almost to myself out there...jsut rained..perfect....had a track going, was soo much fun.....

miss those days...
CHAD

PeeWee

#44 Post by PeeWee »

You all need to sticky this thread!

4punksdad

#45 Post by 4punksdad »

my c-dale is my fondest memory. Every time a non-believer walked into my garage I was forced to fire it up and make them believers. I could have kept it just for the sake of having it, but I figured I could use the space and someone else should enjoy the c-dale wrath. So, now I ride the fuel injected raptor 700 and pretend to be ok with it.biggrin.gif

speed_demon

#46 Post by speed_demon »

When I first got my Dale & overfilled with oil, then it puked it all out into the airbox!biggrin.gif That's when I discovered the website.

The next one will be when I get my 505cc monster back from Tim!:head: :wow :eek: biggrin.gif :drink: :usa

MX Quad Dad

#47 Post by MX Quad Dad »

To many to decide which is the "most"

first is when I talked a dealer into letting my son and I test ride an FX. Then he told me for $12400 deposit, I could order a Moto.

Then while talking to a Wisco tech about a problem with some Banshee pistons, we got on the subject of Cannondales. He advised me to call Jeff Cernic. That call saved me over a grand and put me first on his list for a Moto, and only $250 deposite

Watching my son pass bikes on a small indoor track for his first practice ride. picked up the quad in Feb. so it was really the first ride on dirt

when he came back from the tower from picking up his winnings and the D-14 promoter had given him a copy of the next mounths news with his pitchure exiting a turn was on the cover.

When the wife told me to go get a C-dale for myself

When I got my own C-Dale. MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!!!!

jesshamner

#48 Post by jesshamner »

All my cdale moments are memorable, but I have to say that there are 3 that top the list.

1) Driving for 3 days just to play in that Glamis sand with Jaybr and Nrath. The drive was great, meeting some riders for the east and the west coast was better, but riding with 15 people and most were cdales was the greatest experience I have ever had. It was well worth the money, time off work (not getting paid for it), and time off school.

2) The day after break in I raced the cdale. I didn't do too hot. Second race on the cdale a month later....1st place and $130. This was also a race that Jeff Stoess showed up to. He started out on his blaze and finished on a wolverine. It was an outlaw race and there were no rules about switching quads. LOL. I'm sure if he won it would have been overturned but it didn't matter. Seeing Jeff come out of the woods on a wolverine w/ huge mud tires and then jumping on the mx track is priceless.

3) The 1st group ride at Jaybr's place was a blast. My girlfriend and I still talk about how much fun we had and meeting some of you guys. We can't forget doing a frame swap for cdrookie in the field and in the dark. I think about 10 guys were working on it. And we got the thing to run the next morning. That's insane. This community is incredible. It truly has been a pleasure to be a part of something so great. <--Don't take that as if I were leaving. I'm sticking around....even if I ever decide to move on to a different machine.