Hey Timbo!Nanananana

cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

I liked the Tacoma commercials.C'mon guys they were meant to be funny.How about the one where Lochness monster spits it out or the one where guy goes out diving and tide comes in and washes his truck out to sea.The meteorite one and the ticked off exwife!
laugh.gif

Fact is with the prices of a new vehicle being well over half of what I paid for my house buying a truck is a very scary proposition.I honestly did come close to buying the Ford back in 04 when I bought my Tundra and now I really like the new Chevy.Cant wait to see what Ford comes up with this year because everyone says whatever it is has the potential to either make or break Ford Motor company.Hopefully its good enough.I wish I could afford to try these other makes.
Not only that but who has time to deal with getting it fixed even if under warrantee.I will say that most towns have local Chevy,Ford and Dodge dealers while alot dont have Toyota.That is a big factor since if something goes wrong you have to travel to get it fixed.My Tundra has a recall for the balljoints that has been sitting on counter for over 3months.I just dont have time to go to nearest dealership 45mi away and sit there for 3hrs waiting for it to get fixed.Who ever thought that a vehicle would approach 30-40 thousand $?Its no wonder that people buy on what makes them more comfortable rather than just facts like MPG,hp,towrating,room etc.Its also why most get so defensive of thier brand choice like I do.There is just so much at stake.

wistech

#42 Post by wistech »

I don't care who makes a better truck but I will say this. Steve's truck is the only truck I have ever rode in that had a smooth enough ride and comfortable enough seats to sleep in with ease. The F250 powerstroke I just took on a trip could best be described as a paint shaker with the noise to match.

speed 450mx

#43 Post by speed 450mx »

The boxed frame is only on the F-150s its not on the 250s and up, that whole commercial is about the F-150 only.

I thinks that it is funny that everyone thanks one is better than the other I have seen all of them brake at one time or another. In one month between 4 of us every truck that we had broke includeing Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and a Yota. I just dont like any half ton trucks just my personal thaugh.

UpsMan

#44 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also when buying this one it was the best deal of them all plus it fit a quad in the back with tailgate shut. Ford,Chevy and Dodge you had to leave it open. Open tailgate hits trailer jack or trailer so in my case my Toyota does haul more.

Steve, what the **** are you talking about? I can shut the tailgate on mine with a quad in the back with room to spare, and I have the short box. Are we talking about mini-pickups here? Mini pickups don't count for anything. My van hauls more.

cannondale27

#45 Post by cannondale27 »

04 1/2 ton crewcab chevy will not be able to shut tailgate with a quad in it.Its a grocery hauling 5ft box on those.Yours is just a extra cab.Back seat isnt made for hauling a adult more than 10miles unless they are a midget.Your extra Cab has a 6.5ft box and will fit a quad as will my CrewCab Tundra which has comfortable seats in cab that fit a adult.

kdeal

#46 Post by kdeal »

The key is "crew cab". On the 1/2 tons the box was shortened to make a "normal" wheelbase with the crew cab option. I have a '03 (same truck) that has the extended cab option that has plenty of room for the quad and still be able to close the gate with loads of room to spare. The 1/2 ton crew cabs (most American made models) will have the short bed (6').

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

No.Not 6.5ft the crewcabs are * 5ft * on the 04 Chevy,Ford and Dodge.6.5ft on Toyota.Which is why the quad fits Toyota and not the others.When I went to Ford dealer he was ready to write it up.I asked him if a quad would fit.He is like I think so.So I pulled my ramps out of the box of my Tacoma extra cab mini truck which also fit a quad and ramps in back with gate closed.Put ramps in Ford box and they almost hung over tailgate even.Not even close.

ozarkdaler

#48 Post by ozarkdaler »

I have a crew cab chevy and the bed is 6 ft. The ford is the only one I know of with a 5' bed and you can definitily tell it.

cannondale27

#49 Post by cannondale27 »

5'8" is not big enough to fit a quad with tailgate closed.Remember I was looking at the 1/2ton Crewcabs.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Review
More standard features and midyear introduction of a light-duty Crew Cab and Limited Appearance Package highlight 2004 for these full-size pickups. This report covers the half-ton 1500-series Silverados, which offer regular-, extended-, and crew-cab body styles. Extendeds have rear-hinged back doors that don't open independently of the fronts. Crew cabs have four conventional doors. Both include a 3-person rear bench seat. All but regular cabs offer front bucket seats vs. a bench. Regulars and extendeds are available with 6.6- and 8.0-ft Fleetside conventional cargo beds or a 6.6-ft Sportside flare-fender box. The new half-ton Crew Cab is nearly one foot shorter than the previous 1500 Heavy Duty Crew Cab, which for '04 is redesignated as a 2500-series model. The new 1500 Crew Cab uses a 5.8-ft cargo box and is virtually the same length overall as the extended-cab short-bed model.

ozarkdaler

#50 Post by ozarkdaler »

My truck is a true 1/2 ton crew cab not a heavy half. I just measured the bed and it is 5' 10" inside to inside (with a bed liner). One of my workers have a 01 extended cab and I measured it and the bed is 6' 5" inside to inside (line x bedliner).

Now with my speed I cannot close the tailgate but, the cannibal I had I could so I guess it was just a tire size difference.