Oh boy a new toy

jesshamner

#41 Post by jesshamner »

Well, after seeing this, I now have my quad road legal. Too bad it is only for county roads though. I can't go inside any incorporated places and I can't get on US highways or Interstates. So basically I can only ride around the country side at a speed that is safe (that is exactly what the ordinance states). It's not the same as a motorcycle though. The more I ride the quad on the road, the more I want a motard bike.

wistech

#42 Post by wistech »

Ive been Tarding to work all week and today I took the Seca so the gas doesnt dry up in the carbs . Ugh what a pig . LOL
At least the seat dosent feel like a 2x4. That reminds me I need to order some soft seat foam. I bet Mcmaster carr sells some good stuff.

thedeatons

#43 Post by thedeatons »

Sargent does a spectacular job of reupholstoring, typically for less than $100 with their Gel Cell Foam.....

ozarkdaler

#44 Post by ozarkdaler »

To bad Corbin seats do not have one for a dale. They are very comfortable..

thedeatons

#45 Post by thedeatons »

Believe it or not Sargent has a much better reputation than Corbin, with more attention to detail and a well known custom shop. They duplicated a seat for a restoration completely and perfecty for $100..... Corbins are nice, but the Sargents always impress me more, especially when you sit on them... smile.gif

ozarkdaler

#46 Post by ozarkdaler »

Never even heard of them. My dad has been riding for years and swears by them and after I bought one for mine bike they are just nice.

thedeatons

#47 Post by thedeatons »

ACEwrench

#48 Post by ACEwrench »

This funny it seems like everytime you talk (type) about your bike you have a grin ear-to-ear. i can almost feel your excitement when you post something...lol from your previous posts it looks like your trying to learn how to "back it in" to a corner. Its very cool seeing the pro supermoto guys on the asphalt and from what im told it takes a good amount of practice time to learn how to do it correctly. You may not be interested but you could take a SM class...do a search im sure there has got to be someone around you who does them. id love to get my hands on one of these bike eventually...have fun!

theJeStEr1340

#49 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

hmmm wonder if I can trade the dale for a tard... then maybe sell the RC.

Nahhhhh, I could never sell the RC.

wistech

#50 Post by wistech »

They are kind of like my St Anthonies quad when it first broke 55hp. Once I was there I couldnt go back. Its a kind of experience where you can do things very few others can do. Jumping loading docks, curbs,driving up a set of stairs and getting air off the top ,railing corners with your feet out is something you cant do on a regular bike. I told Tim the other day if he ever rode mine he would be converting his over the next day. I live a half mile from work and it takes me 15 minutes to get home because I hit the local park and hills just to get the rush. LOL Plus the looks you get from people are just like with the quads. What is that ? A cannonwhat? Sitting at stop signs listening to the sewing machine grind away is pretty wierd too.
It is true about the smiles . Every one who rides it has one.