Power Commander Group Buy

thedeatons

#41 Post by thedeatons »

Steve... take it easy man. I wasn't talking about the flatness of the AFR. I agree that is extremely important.

I meant tuning for one AFR number throughout the rev range, for instance 13:1 may be safe, but may not yield as much hp as a richer or leaner number. Just depends on the engine. Not arguing flatness, just where you put the flat line on the number scale.

Does that make sense?

claas900

#42 Post by claas900 »

So what is our total count on this group buy at? I'm ready to get this ball rolling smile.gif

peterock

#43 Post by peterock »

My original post is updated everytime someone chimes in. right now the count is at 6. I am going to start a new post with the count and refer everyone to this post if they have any questions.

2000ex

#44 Post by 2000ex »

Just so I have this correct, the power commander unit will automatically compensate for imperfections on a given MAP. Lets say you are running a ported stroker done up to the max. You can simply run a stock MAP and the powercommander will be able to get a perfect AFR without us having to manually go into the map? Does it have its limitations? Essentially all the MAP will be good for with the powercommander is the timing and the rev limiter once installed? I will probably take one, perhaps two.

cannondale27

#45 Post by cannondale27 »

It will only do it automatically when it is connected to the tuning link at a dyno. You will have as close to a perfect map as I have seen possible. Once done that map will run in tandem with the current ECU. So altitude, air temp, coolant temp, baro, timing, throttle sensitivity, etc. will still be varied by the ECU but modified by the PowerCommander based on the map made on dyno or by you. There are no limitations to amount the Power Commander can compensate. It will tune from stock to a 505 Nitromethane turbocharged motor as long as injector and fuel system is able to deliver.

2000ex

#46 Post by 2000ex »

Understood. Now lets say you take 2 different bikes to the dyno running the same MAP but very different motors. Can you create a power commander "map" for each of the bikes and save them, then later load it yourself if you wanted to swap the power commander unit to the other machine? or does this have to be done by the dyno operator? What I am trying to do is avoid purchasing several units since I now own 5 bikes. If that makes any sense.

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes you can save the maps on your PC and load them anytime you want to any powercommander. So yes you could make a map for each bike and then just swap the PowerCommander.

jesshamner

#48 Post by jesshamner »

Wow! Great questions.

cannondale27

#49 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes those are good ones. Another thing I like is you can remove the PowerCommander and bring it in the house to load maps or make mods to it.

cannondale27

#50 Post by cannondale27 »

I would like to see their wiring job. Ace do you have any pics yet? Hopefully it's all plug in like Raptor one is. If not will have to make some kind of harness for easy removal. Especially if stock airbox is used. Injectors, Throttle position sensor and a ground I believe are all it's connected to.