Indy Dealer Show

kdeal

#41 Post by kdeal »

All I'm saying is that other people other than Highland have rode the motorcycles and the only quad and they say it is definitely fast. As far as GNCC, forget it. They are a novelty and will have to do a lot of work before they can even think of entering a GNCC. Like you said 2 gallons won't cut it. There is no more room for the tank in the frame they are using.

I just heard from an industry insider that the motor makes the power at a very thin power range. That's maybe how they are able to get close to the numbers suggested.

Steve, I have heard the same thing about the longevity of the motor. Unfortunately, I'll bet it was from the same source as you (and he doesn't like the Highland either). But, I never heard that the Cannondales were holding up, because they were using the Falicon 6mm strokers in the Super Motard bikes and I heard they were not getting 3 races on one crank. Not the Dale's fault though!

There will be an open house in May at the factory. I will keep everyone informed of the exact date and time. I believe they are going to allow some rides as well.

ScramblerXLE

#42 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Just so you know, I have spoken to a guy who claims to be setting up the suspension on two of them for the FL GNCC in 2 weeks, that's where I got that part of my post.

kdeal

#43 Post by kdeal »

According to Highland, Walsh was on board for changes to the A-arms. I didn't hear about anything else. I don't think they are close enough to build two more quads before FL GNCC.

ScramblerXLE

#44 Post by ScramblerXLE »

*shrug*

http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/ind...?showtopic=4405

That's where I got that from, but it was a while ago, maybe things have changed. I'll send that guy a PM to find out.

Walsh makes sense though, because they still have Cannondale A-Arms available. Very interesting...

cannondale27

#45 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Feb 17 2010, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve, I have heard the same thing about the longevity of the motor. Unfortunately, I'll bet it was from the same source as you (and he doesn't like the Highland either). But, I never heard that the Cannondales were holding up, because they were using the Falicon 6mm strokers in the Super Motard bikes and I heard they were not getting 3 races on one crank. Not the Dale's fault though!

Here is where I heard the reliability record.This is the Oklahoma group.Highland.Watch the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ROEoTNT7o

Dachshund

#46 Post by Dachshund »

Just a thought, but how much room is in the frame. The Highland motor is a wet sump I believe, so you could use the frame for fuel.

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

They have also purchased the recently disposed of factory from HD for the Buell line of motorcycles!!!!!!! I don't remember what the factory was going to be used for, but I believe they want to start casting engine cases there. As of right now the cases are made in Sweden and shipped here for assembly. (Sorry Steve, no Chinese connection here). They claim that all assembly will be in the USA.

Here is the old Buell factory I dont see any casting capability
http://www.liquidassetpartners.com/current...idation341.html

kdeal

#48 Post by kdeal »

How funny, that was the same guy I talked to for over an hour at the show one on one. He didn't even know there was going to be an open house in May! He was the one quoting numbers as well!

As for the Buell factory, I think they only got the building. They have casting equipment from the purchase of the old Maico casting facility in Germany. I said "I was not sure what they were going to do with the building" though. I missed what they said they were using it for.

iceracer17

#49 Post by iceracer17 »

If the open house is in east troy i'd be up for a road trip, and as usual starting to get the itch for a different quad.

trav

#50 Post by trav »

hello guys, remember me wink.gif
just to clear up some things here.
1. yes highland is gearing up to go BIG, biult in usa with as much usa made parts as we can, but some parts are better off from over sea's. ohlins, brembo, tranny gears, ect, if your a mechanic you'll understand. even our beloved cannondales use foriegn parts on OEM.
2. we do have 507 motors biult and currently be'ing raced, as well as 450's and 950 twins. as for bikes breaking down during racing, yeah, **** happens when testing parts under EXTREME conditions. what better ways to test parts than at pro level races competing against the best, fastest competion. this way we see not only how our bikes run against the best made pro level jap bikes, we also see how and what parts work / last the longest, or not.
3. as for the gncc, sorry to let you down on this one. it's all my fault. i was gonna enter it in florida, but,,,, thanks to ama rules the quad can only be entered and raced in the PRO class currently. and i'm not ready to go PRO level yet. so it'll be there on display, but not on the track.
4. horsepower, without YOU being here in person to see the numbers, what can i say? how about,,,, it's fast! the way our engines, cranks, heads, different cam profiles we have, 1 of a kind throttle bodies like NO other bike/quad uses, and mappings, we get alot of power, and we can change that power curve to where we, or you want it. mild 200hour or crazy fast reving 10hour motor, your choise.

check out aprils dirtwheels mag to see there ride impressions, or this months DirtBike mag to see how they liked our engines performance. and i yes, at the time of the test ride with dirtwheels, the quad had a 450 motor in it, not the 507.