Another rebuild project

Jaybr

#41 Post by Jaybr »

I've got a 38 on the way. Let me see how that does and I'll let you know if I need another size.

Thanks

Jaybr

#42 Post by Jaybr »

The boy took some new pics this evening. Notice the new bling bling rear wheels his mother bought him at Birch Creek

Jaybr

#43 Post by Jaybr »

Still waiting on the swingarm, planning to modify a steering stem for it, and install the seat cover, but other than that its done. Notice the new front shocks too, Thanks Jeff:)

cdrookie

#44 Post by cdrookie »

jay, still have the fox shock off that think? last i heard you let someone borrow it to measure something, or something something, or something like that. i still want it!smile.gif

Jaybr

#45 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cdrookie
jay, still have the fox shock off that think? last i heard you let someone borrow it to measure something, or something something, or something like that. i still want it!smile.gif

Yep, just gotta find the missing bushing.

I also have a set of Elka sport fronts for it, you want them too? They'll be going on ebay soon.

cdrookie

#46 Post by cdrookie »

no hurry or anything. don't think the front elkas will work on the tecate- it's a 3 wheeler!smile.gif thanks

Jaybr

More problems

#47 Post by Jaybr »

Well, I replaced the 2 kickstart idler gears that had broken teeth last week. Everything was working fine except a little smoking - still need to get it in for a leaking valve seat.

Went riding yesterday and everything was working good. lil jbr was having trouble getting it started to put on the trailer to leave, I jump on and start kicking and felt something pop. kick it one more time and it starts.

This morning we're getting it all cleaned up and ready to race today. Go to start it to put it in the truck and I kick it a few times and the kickstarter locks up solid. I get on the phone with the engine guy, he tells me to pull the plug on the case and turn the crank backwards with a socket, I do and after a half turn or so it get a little stiff then I hear a big pop on the kickstart side of the motor. Now I turn the kickstarter and it's not engaging at all. Turn the crank a little more and the kickstart feels fine. Something is definately wrong so I pull the clutch cover and find 2 gear teath laying in the cover when it comes off, 1 more laying in the case. 2 kickstart teeth are broken on the clutch basket and 1 on one of the idler gears I just replaced:mad:

Theory is that the clutch basket gears got damaged when the others broke a couple weeks ago, then gave out this time. Missed yet another race:confused:

Now the whole quads going back to PA to the guy who did the engine, fix the valve seat and clutch basket and hope for the best.