Just rode a YFZ

cannibalq8

#41 Post by cannibalq8 »

No problem here with spanking the yfz with my SBM/WWE ( use unleaded gasoline not race fuel ).

i just rode my friend piped,jetted,air-filter and cam mod. its the fastest quad i rode after my dale.

the handling really SUCKS of the yfz. i finally decide to choose between the yfz and 7mm fully modded stroker shee ported by K&T ( for drag racing ).

i choose the Banshee coz cheap parts and too many works on it. i dont like Yamaha handling at all.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT SEASON WITHOUT RIDING MY DALE :mad:

danyeo

#42 Post by danyeo »

Sorry this thread turned into a mess. I don't think i bashed C-Dale anywhere. I just said a few good things about the YFZ, i never had much to say about the YFZ until i rode it. This thread is about the YFZ is an open forum. I wish my Dale didn't blow it's engine twice in one year or else i would still be riding it but now i am missing out on the whole summer of riding and i did spend over 2000 on repairs and parts for the Cannibal and i feel sorry for all those who had engine failures and bad cranks like me, especially those who bought their quads at the prices before the bankruptcy. Obviously there will be blown engines from just about every manufacturer but you should realize that there are going to be hundreds more of YFZ's and TRX's out there. And i can compare quads between those i have previously owned. I had a Blaster from 1993 to 2000 and i tried to blow but couldn't. I must have changed the oil in it 1 time for every 10 rides and it kept going. I had a 400ex from 2000-2002 and kept good care of it, always changed the oil every 2 or 3 rides, kept the air system clean and never had a problem with it. The Dale was a nightmare for me. Kept the oils and air filter clean and brought it to champion and had all the updates done and it still had a major failure. But then there are some people getting 200-300 hours without any issue and good for them. Oh well, can't do much about it now. But i really liked it when i had it and i browsed on here getting helpful info from time to time so i am still curious about how Dale riders are doing so i pop in here from time to time. I never bashed Dale on this forum or any other and i didn't come on here to start a pissing contest. This has been one of the more mature boards i have found and one of the most knowledgeable. Take care.

danyeo

#43 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by sillysspeed
Dan must still have bad blood with the Cdale..  

Oh, BTW  I'd bet the house that if Lurker or Timbo was on the dale in the picture,  It would be a different story.   biggrin.gif    :usa

OK, maybe i was a schmuk to post that pic, and yes I'm sure you can find pics of every quad beating any other quad. But i beleive Sandstorm has since had an ATK crank and a few other things done to his quad and he posted that he did beat his brother up Sand mountain. And for the record i don't own a YFZ, i am quadless right now.

Sandstorm

#44 Post by Sandstorm »

Broken record....

Yes I have beaten my bro up Utah's Sand Mtn which is the ultimate test of a machines ability on my reangled/450 motor only.... This was on the "Valley" side which is long, but not as steep as the "Face". I also weigh 35lbs less the him.. On the Face there is no way in heall my Dale will ever beat his YFZ. The steeper the dunes the better the YFZ does against the Dales..On hard packed it will come down to who can hone their skills better out of the gate on different tracks.. I have not rode a YFZ w/ internal porting or whatever.. My WWE comp IV motor would beat my bro's YFZ on hardpacked no matter what. It simply pulled like a freight train.. Frymedic/Glamister and Arcalia all rode my comp IV motor...I never had a chance to run it up the Sand Mtn as my titanium valves were cooked by then.. Rememeber Dustin bashed me saying it was my fault, well it wasn't my fault. I no longer run the high comp head as it had the problematic titanium valves.. If Wade were doing motors I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his Comp IV motors. We all know his business practices killed that for anybody anyway..

That pic above is a 686 Raptor. He had other work done, but wouldn't tell us. My honest opinion is he was embarrased that a 450 w/ the peashooter out just beat him. That pic was taken July 3, 2003 on the dry lake bed at Saint Anthonys, Idaho and no aftermarket anything was even out yet for the YFZ's. You guys back east hadn't even seen a real live 450 yet. They had been out 4 days and Utah was the second state to get them.. My quad had a Graydon slip-on and moto map..

No flames intended. I'm just stating what I experience on a weekly basis against the bro's YFZ..

This weekend there is Extreme Sand Sports coming to do an article on our dunes and they will have a dyno w/ them.. My friend knows these people and hopefully we can get the YFZ, Dale and Yoshi 450Z on the dyno all in consecutive runs.. Then shoot them up the hill to see how accurate the dyno really is....:usa :head:

Oh,,, there is only one BOZO riding w/o a helmet..

Derno24

#45 Post by Derno24 »

Danyeo #1 I don't want you to ever feel unwelcome here. You are a good guy and have entered what i feel is your opinion not a bash. I think that too many guys put their faith in drag racing for power output and it isn't a good measure.

Sandstorm I think your posts are the best source for information available. I know you are unbiased and give it how it is. I think that is how we all need to do this from now on.

465 stroker posted that in the past our stronger motors used to make up for our slow starts on xc. I have experienced this myself. My dalepulls all 400's and others, but if I have a bad start I have a world of trouble getting right up to the 450's out there now. This is not a dale bash I love mie, but a problem I would love to fing the solution too.

Thank you guys for your adult and truthful responses!:usa :head: :head:

cdrookie

#46 Post by cdrookie »

the only thing i found offensive in this thread was derno continually mentioning his nuts...:hammer: sad.gif

kdeal

#47 Post by kdeal »

OUCH!!!!!!!!

Derno24

#48 Post by Derno24 »

Rookie Leave my nuts out of this they have nothing to do with you!

Or they want nothing to do with you!tongue.gif :eek:

When are we going riding!

TheJaspMan

#49 Post by TheJaspMan »

I'm sorry I got agitated. I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But topics like this, on a site that is so obviously dedicated to Cdales and the appreciation for Cdales, have no other purpose but the create chaos. Open forum or not.

The helmet thing is a personal thing. They save lives. The Cdale rider looked like a ball cap till I saw it on a diffrent monitor. Sorry.

cdrookie

#50 Post by cdrookie »

When are we going riding! [/B][/QUOTE]

this past weekend was good for me. where was you?