Whats your daily job?

speed2424

#41 Post by speed2424 »

Ken, I wasn't even sure that was a guy.smile.gif

Canniboomer

#42 Post by Canniboomer »

I'm an Importer... of some hardware and wood products.

by the way, I think I saw Trauma over on Borneo!

440rider

#43 Post by 440rider »

really? i am attending the art institute of houston and majoring in graphics design, so in about a year I will be going out into the career world and looking for a job similiar to yours....what kind of degree did you get? what college did u go to and what sort of classes did u take? i got into the field mainly bc i like being creative on a computer and also i heard the pay wasnt too bad... so im hopin the pay lives up to the hype i hear!

That's funny I went to the Art Institute in Philly and graduated with an Assoc. Degree in Advertising design/ Commercial Art, and followed up with a BA in Advertising from Alabama. Well, if you are looking to get a job in graphic design ie. an ad agency, newspaper, pub co. in house design firm you need to take advertising and design classes. Focus on learning as much as you can about programs associated with GD such as :Photoshop, illustrator, Quark Xpress those are the main programs mainly used in design. Learn all you can about Mac operating systems we use OS X 10.3 here. I took alot of creative design, advertising, Ad campaigns classes, along with my core classes such as economics, Algebra, creative writing etc. WHAT year are you in school? The best thing you can do is pick up an internship with an agency or pub company, great for a reference and experience. Pay starting out is low-mid 20's topping out at 80's or so unless you open up your own agency or publishing co. Hope it helps!

Happyboy

#44 Post by Happyboy »

Proffesional geek.......I am a solution's developer at Acxiom Corp. The company basically cleans up names and addresses for the rest of the world. I just got out of Citigroup at Acxiom where we were responsible for the campaigns that got you all of your credit card offers. smile.gif You wouldn't beleive the number of people that they mail out every month. Its insane!!

I basically work with different languages (perl, sql, xml) and create small pieces of the solutions that do the above.

******, do you get to take that gun home? If so I may have to change my mind about the fall ride. wink.gif

saleen_1

#45 Post by saleen_1 »

longshoreman.....i play on some big ships.

fyrmedic

#46 Post by fyrmedic »

Fireman/Paramedic (I fix what those cool guns do !)

Rx440

#47 Post by Rx440 »

Drug dealer..........errrr.........Pharmacist. smile.gif

Drew

#48 Post by Drew »

Cable Guy ...Phone, Internet, Cable Tv

Pro400EXC

#49 Post by Pro400EXC »

I flip bricks......

no actually i am a professional couch warmer...i sit on them all day long and keep them ocuppied....

LOL...but really..i own my own Boat Hauling buisness...i am kinda slacking though w/ allthese hurricanes in FL and who knows...send me work guys!!!

Idahocannibal

#50 Post by Idahocannibal »

I like to sit around all day, aka (government worker):head: . I work for the Idaho National Laboratory as a laborer