Is 60HP possible?

Cdale_racer_669

#51 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

another thought. im not sure how easy it is to dissasemble the throttle body, but maybe you could make a whole new one, bigger, and put the parts needed off our stockers onto the new one? like the IACV (sp?) and tps or something.

banzairx7

#52 Post by banzairx7 »

If someone can get me the throttle body bore size i have some excel sheets that will tell us roughly wether or not it's big enough.

c41xracer

#53 Post by c41xracer »

Originally posted by Happyboy
I was thinking of trying to make a bigger flapper for the Throttle body.  Then you could increase the hole size.

thats what im wanting to do a 2mm oversize and a 4mm oversize

61austin

#54 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by banzairx7
If someone can get me the throttle body bore size i have some excel sheets that will tell us roughly wether or not it's big enough.

The throttle body is 42mm.
I would think that would be big enough though because most quads don't have carburetors that big.

John Thomas

#55 Post by John Thomas »

Whats up guys? Here is a little info you guys need. First Powroll did develop the to be 04 atv engine. It had an all new head design but rest of engine was same. They got 7 to 8 hp more than the 432 engine. It didn't rev as high but had alot more torque. Motor characteristics were smoother. Now it you want the design I can get it but it will not be cheap as the design was under contract. I have spoken many times to the team that designed it. They would redesign a smilar head with a couple of changes. Actually he said he could get more than what cannondale wanted from the design. My quote a little over a year ago was around 2000 for the design and production rights. Then they would make them like an aftermarket part. I have tons more info so let me know what you want to know? PS cannondale valves are too long for extreme hp production.

banzairx7

#56 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by 61austin
The throttle body is 42mm.
I would think that would be big enough though because most quads don't have carburetors that big.

But a carb needs a smaller venturi to get a vacuum in the bore to pull fuel out of the bowl. EFI can support a largerbore than a carb. .

61austin

#57 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by banzairx7
But a carb needs a smaller venturi to get a vacuum in the bore to pull fuel out of the bowl. EFI can support a largerbore than a carb. .

I'll go with that.

What did you figure out about our throttlebody?

Dale512

#58 Post by Dale512 »

I've heard the remark about the valves being to long before, I think from Maz as a matter of fact. It does seem that the Yamaha & Honda valves are much shorter than the Cannondales.

Exodus

#59 Post by Exodus »

Question: The Dale that was featured in dirtwheels last dec or so was quoting 70hp. Does anyone know what this guy was doing besides methanol?

I would think a turbo would be an idea that might work, however, all of the turbo biult motors I have see suffered when drag racing because of the turbo lag. From what little I've seen from sand drags out here is that the Zooks and the Raptors are the ones to beat. I seen a Z400 take on one yfz after another and was killing them, the guy siad he had his motor biult by Yosh and they siad that the head has so much potential that larger cc and stroking wasnt needing to make huge hp gains. This is word of mouth, so take it for what its worth.

My line of thinking on the valves is not the length of the valve, but the amount they open, stemming back to large lift cams. Also, looking at the head its to straight, as in, the air has to make two 90 corners in and out of the head. If the head could be doomed more with the vavles turned to accept more air, you should see more hp. This is all from a onlookers veiw.

claas900

#60 Post by claas900 »

..Hey John Thomas,it would be neat if there was a way to get that head made and do like a group buy on it??
..Sounds like we need to start with makeing a call to Powroll and see whats up?
smile.gif
....Turbo would be neat,need to get it oil,and find a place for it? Does anybody know what the HP limit would be for our motors? I know a few years ago Sparks was building 400ex's 505cc on melth,belive it or not he kept breaking center cases,there was talk of getting new billit cases but it was going to be like 7G for them?..
...I would think we could get 60hp from out motors?? More testing..lol