Any Musicians?

CptHook

#51 Post by CptHook »

I own Zildjians, but I can definiatley give it up to Sabians (really they are just a canadian version of zildjian) I had Zildjian ZXTs for a little while when I first got my kit and I got sick of those quick, now I am using a combo of K Customs and A customs. I still have all my ZXTs, I just dont use them except the hats, Ive gotten rid of a couple, but I still have my 16" crash 14" hats and 20" ride. Point being, when I can get rid of the last of these ZXTs I will be picking up a set of Sabian AAX Fusion 13" hats, they are sick, and I cant seem to find any Zildjians that match the sound so I will be going Sabian for those.

Badvox, your stuff sounds pretty good. Kind of reminds me of Metallica's earlier stuff. What did you play? Still play now?

jesshamner

#52 Post by jesshamner »

I just have the ZBTs. 14"hi hat, 16" crash, 20" ride. They don't really sound all that good.

Psychosis

#53 Post by Psychosis »

I use kind of a combo of cymbals myself. I've got a Wuhan splash and china for starters. If you haven't played them, try them. They're extremely cheap but sound better IMO than any others I've tried. I actually use Camber high-hats though b/c I prefer their sound over others. For cymbals I use one Sabian crash and one Camber crash. Ride cymbal though is Camber. People say Camber's are cheap and bad but I used to have some ZBT's and I prefer the Camber's anyday. (I love the sound for my style.)

I plan on trying some new kinds in the near future and adding to the set. I'd like to have some more but the 7 I use now will do.

CptHook

#54 Post by CptHook »

Yeah Ive definiatley found that I cant recommend the lower end Zildjians to anyone, they pretty much sound terrible, which is too bad since I love zildjians in general. But when you compare Zildjians lower stuff to Sabians lower and stuff and Paistes lower stuff, the Zildjians just cant compare. Unfortunatley my experiences with Zildjians were not that great, and Ive heard both the ZBTs and the ZXTs. I definiatley wish that I had stuck with my gut instincts when I was first looking for a cymbal pack and gone with the Paiste Alpha pack that I was going to get, but instead I let the guy in the drum store talk me into getting the ZXT pack, I think he was just trying to get rid of inventory. Now that Ive replaced them all with high-end Zildjian, Im having a tough time getting rid of any of these ZXTs for a quarter of what they are worth retail.