Hail to the king BABY

yamadjs08

#51 Post by yamadjs08 »

Yeah yeah John, very good news. Now its time for me to make a trip up there so you can build my motor up aha!:drink:
Congrats, you deffinatly deserve it, from what I can tell you are about as close to breath, sleep, and living cannondales as any of us can get. Nice work man, great job!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Exodus

#52 Post by Exodus »

I ran a little alki in my two strokes a time or two using a lectron carb. The lectron was easy to tune and gave huge hp compared to the keihn and mikunis. Biggest concern of mine was the rebiuld time, the alki breaks up gaskets pretty fast, even if you flushed the system with gas after running the motor. If you were to use alki, it would be a limited use fuel for sure, not that it wouldnt be cool, in more ways than one, but it would be pretty expensive as far as keeping the motor fresh. On the plus side, the 60hp mark would be passed up like it was sitting still. In fact, I'm betting with motor Wistech has got, he could do 60 without messing with the timing at all.

BTW, happy to see you made 55. Its unreal how hard 4 hp can be to get. Theres plenty of motors out there that pull 50 give or take, but that 55 mark seemed so far away, yet so close you could smell it. Glad to see its behind you.

cannondale27

#53 Post by cannondale27 »

Just to clear one thing up.There are plenty of peolple making injection systems that do run at less than 42psi.Wistechs had better idle and lowend AFR with really lowpressure that was accomplished with vacuum and was only till throttle opened up.Nobody knows if the low pressure is causing the injectors to dribble.The afr was as good as the limited adjustment the MC500 and regulator could do.I realize those Harley injectors arent correct flow but hey did alot better than stock.In other words I would rather have more flow than not enough.I really like the thinking to make the motor want the injectors!If at middle of flow for those I figure 65-70hp!

hogman

#54 Post by hogman »

I got a quick question for all your power junkies. Are you guys running a stock clutch? If so how well is it standing up to all this new found power. If not what are you running? Hinson? Barnett? Just curious cause im gonna need something strong in the future.

cannondale27

#55 Post by cannondale27 »

Stock clutch.That is one area Cannondales shine.Awesome clutch no need to upgrade other than watching the fingers that bend on first plate if you dont have a extra steel in there.

kdeal

#56 Post by kdeal »

Hey guys, remember that they are using a chassis dyno, not an engine dyno. Imagine how much power the motor is making without the drivetrain.... Possibly 5-7 more HP. To make more power you need to be able to push more air thru the motor. Time for a blower and alcohol!!!!!!

wistech

#57 Post by wistech »

If I used a engine dyno I would have have to change my title to lord of the quads.

cannondale27

#58 Post by cannondale27 »

Hey are we going to test that thing this weekend?Ice is perfect around here early!

wistech

#59 Post by wistech »

Neil should be coming down to get his quad . He said he will mop the floor with us on his new stroker. I will try to get those 1 1/2 inch pics in my tires for some serious traction on the ice.

cannondale27

#60 Post by cannondale27 »

So its on?Did you guys get any snow on ice?If any I will bring sled also.Just needs a dusting of snow on ice.Will put the new carbides on skis when it is on ice.None of you will stand a chance.Remember that argument?