Who wants to help with the 12hr????

Derno24

#51 Post by Derno24 »

Well I wanted to update everyone that Tim has come through big time with everything needed for the motor department. Randy installed the motor on Thursday night and really checked and double checked everything. Then I went over on Friday and we finished everything else front suspension and such. She isn't the sexiest quad, but she is very capable. I will have pics when everything else is finished.

cannondale27

#52 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool.Hey I talked to Guy Sutton about what all went wrong with his 12hr quad.Little things like the nuts that hold steering stem bearing on.(Nordlocks?)wheel bearings etc.Did you guys ride it?

Derno24

#53 Post by Derno24 »

Well Randy has his quad stem bearings done differently. He did the same mod to mine. Drilled them out bigger and put a bigger bolt and nylock and now they never move. Wheel bearings are all new pivot bearings, and carrier bearings. Heck I even went so far as to replace all of the ball joints on the houser a-arms to be safe. No random bugs here. We rode the motor some on friday. I am taking it out a little today for about a half hour then she gets crated. Tim said he put some time on it already so it was shipped broken in and tweaked. I know we like to get some seat time just to see what may pop up quick so we did that at Randy's, but a little extra would never hurt. At this point we have to rig up the lighting and put on the Flexx Bars, new grips, rear tires with tire balls, clean the quad and box it for shipping. It will be leaving Philly Thurs or Fri the latest. It has been gone over and will be again one more time here, then again in Texas. Trust me there will be nothing that pops up that could have been prevented. Any failures will be strictly freak!

kdeal

#54 Post by kdeal »

Ron,

Call me when you get a moment.

Ken

Derno24

#55 Post by Derno24 »

Roger!

jwheat

#56 Post by jwheat »

Are we ready yet??? Have all the racers had a chance to ride the quad and practice on it? How does it run?

kdeal

#57 Post by kdeal »

I heard it's a rocket ship for a stock quad (with porting). I hope it's not too much for the woods. Supposedly the course has a lot of long straight aways that will be fun to pass everyone else on! Derno told me it's crated and on the way. Kick a$$ guys!

Derno24

#58 Post by Derno24 »

Sorry for the delays for info. Yeah we have been busy bees! Quad is all together and should almost be in Texas by now. Tomorrow is the day. This quad screams and from what I have heard about the track this quad should do the job. One concern for me is the possibility of a mud fest! Can't thank eveyone enough for all their help. I know we couldn't have affordedthis by ourselves!

cannondale27

#59 Post by cannondale27 »

Derno is anyone doing live reports of race?I am going to be going nuts waiting to hear how its going.Hope you guys kick some butt!

Derno24

#60 Post by Derno24 »

As long as I have cell phone coverage I'll call whoever wants to post. So if you want to know pm your number and I'll call ya from the track!