Southern Group Ride

jtracker

#51 Post by jtracker »

If we can set a date I should be able to get work off and be able to come to the Georgia ride.

jesshamner

#52 Post by jesshamner »

Well it seems like there hasn't been much a response from any southern riders really. Maybe we should move it a little further north.

In Kentucky, there are a few places to ride but nothing with facilities like Durhamtown. What about riding at Hatfield/McCoy? There are plenty of places to stay down there. I don't mind trailering to the trail head if you all don't mind.

Dachshund

#53 Post by Dachshund »

Don't let me put a halt on the Georgia thing but Kentucky is much better for us. I would do my best to make that run.

jesshamner

#54 Post by jesshamner »

I'm not going to Georgia unless people from the South are going too. The whole point was to meet some of the members that can't make the northern rides. If its just going to be people north of virginia and kentucky, then maybe we need to have the ride further north than Georgia.

wanablaze

#55 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jan 22 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Josh, did you see gml's post about Badlands dates? I think we could have a pretty good turnout for one of those. Seems like a lot of interest.

No, I did not. I'll have to go back through and reread. wacko.gif I'd be down for Badlands or Little Sahara.

wanablaze

#56 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Jan 11 2008, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm located just outside Joliet ,a little town called Minooka, 60447. check out my post in where to ride section. I have several dates set up starting in March to go to the badland in Attica Indiana.

BTW,
Hello, neighbor!

gml1998

#57 Post by gml1998 »

Wow,someone close with a Cannondale.I was starting to wonder if I was the only one in NE Illinois that owns a Dale (or two).Make sure you check my post for Badlands ride dates.I will repost a week or so before each date.
Saturday I,m going to Wisconsin to see cannondale27 , we are going to remove engine and ***** damage so I can gather parts to repair it.
Hopefully we,ll see you at Badlands.

theJeStEr1340

#58 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Hatfield would probably be a better central place to meet, but I would be up for durham town and know of a large group from a site here in NC that would tag along... unfortunately I only know of 2, maybe 3 other dalers that would go.

jesshamner

#59 Post by jesshamner »

Ok...so lets do H/M. It seems closer for everyone. Anybody know the best place to stay? I have stayed at Chief Logan state park. It's pretty nice and central to most of the trail heads. Have to trailer to the trail head though.

We also need to pick a date.

NRath

#60 Post by NRath »

Did somebody say Hatfield-McCoy?!!!!

Ideally we'd try to schedule around a holiday to give some of us a free day off work. That would be Mar 21st (Easter weekend) or May 26th (Memorial Day). In March, avg low = 34, avg high = 59, avg precip = 4.1". In May, avg low = 51, avg high = 78, avg precip = 5.02". So, March is more likely to be a little chilly(but tolerable), and May is the 2nd wettest month of their year. April it is!