Oh boy a new toy

wistech

#51 Post by wistech »

Traded off to the KTM for a bit last night. One thing is for sure . The Ktm engines packs a lot more bottom end than the corked up dale. It falls on its face on top though where the dale keeps pulling. Bottom end is where its at for pulling wheelies in any gear so an engine will be built focusing on that. As which seems to be the case it rained again. It is amazing how the slicks have traction even in wet. I witnessed Tony back it into a corner at an indutrial park. I see how unloading the rear with the front brakes and downshifting lets it slide out. I will have to practice a lot and Im sure I will be saying hello to the pavement before I get used to it. I am starting to get comfortable with the twist grip.
I did get to drag a R6 from a stop light . Either that guy sucked or the tard really does haul because I crushed it up to 45mph. Where I let off and he went sreaming by a second or 2 later.
I got to try out an Ultimate speedometer as well. I was looking at the trail techs but wanted a bigger screen and since trail tech was to cheap to put a backlight on my low end model they will have to lose a sale from me. What do they think nobody rides at night? Thats just a basic function . The other complaint I have is why dont they have sealed connectors on everything? Everything that goes on a motor vehicle needs a sealed connector. No exeptions. And not some cheezy easy to pull apart bullet connector.

wistech

#52 Post by wistech »

I had a state trooper inspect my bike today. He made me scrape the noncertified exhaust system decal off the frame but other than that he gave it a thumbs up and filled out an inspection form. The dmv said it wasnt in thier database but we ran the numbers from the patrol car and it came up as a registered vehicle washington vehicle. If they deny my plates I have the inspection form now so theitle shouldnt be a problem.
I wanted to get a pic of me doing a burnout in front of the squad car but he didnt want to get in trouble . The officer has an f4i honda and want to race.LOL

Dachshund

#53 Post by Dachshund »

Man your killing me. I just bought a V65 Magna this winter because I've always wanted one but this sounds like too much fun. I can't have a road legal quad, so this would be the next best thing. Glad your having a ball.

J. Delaney

#54 Post by J. Delaney »

What year Magna? I believe 84-86 had cylinder head/camshaft design problems.

Dachshund

#55 Post by Dachshund »

83...they also had 2nd gear problems which mine has. sad.gif

wistech

#56 Post by wistech »

Looks like Im getting some of you fired up . Mydreamride is duking it out on ebay for a street legal dale and Dirty Tony wants his new quad running by the weekend. We have a line on a couple more bikes as well and are negotiating for a package deal. Lets do it. wink.gif

wistech

#57 Post by wistech »

Woohooo I got my title in the mail . Im no longer running renegade. LOL They gave me the title and sticker but no plate. I guess I will have to make my own. My plate number is on the registration card.?

Nickc711

#58 Post by Nickc711 »

Just curious but what is the city/highway gas mileage of a dale.... rolleyes.gif

wistech

#59 Post by wistech »

Oh crap I really need to check that. I have 60miles since the last fill and the tank holds what 2.5 gallons. I will fill it up tommorow and check it. Virtually all messing around in town and backlot miles with 11 getting home on the superslab tonight.

Nickc711

#60 Post by Nickc711 »

how often are you changing the oils?
And i hope you get more than 60 miles to a tank that is harley mpg there