Age?

theJeStEr1340

#51 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
im 15, 16 on March 5th. and ive worked to buy everything myself!:head: :hammer:

Me too, and I have to pay for gas, car insurance, and 1/2 maintnance on the truck.

Cdale_racer_669

#52 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

ya ill be paying for all of that very very shortly....sad.gif

levi550

#53 Post by levi550 »

42 yo, started out in '72 on a '64 Honda S90 looked a lot like the attached, 'cept mine was kind of an orange rust looking color. After thrashing it through the trails till it wouldn't run anymore, I have had mini bikes, snowmobiles, 250x, 300ex, then finally the one I've been dreamin about, my '02 Cannibal. Had it for just under a year.

Thanks Doug :head:

jesshamner

#54 Post by jesshamner »

I bet you got all the chicks with that bad boy Levi.

comander420

#55 Post by comander420 »

I used to take a suzuki 118 that looked just like that across the woops and up hills, well I tried till the police got me at 15 for street riding it to the trails with no licsence and a licsense plate that was over 10 years old. It beat me up a lot, anyways I think it weighed about 600 lbs or at least it felt like it.

CptHook

#56 Post by CptHook »

yeah, Cdale 669 I think pretty much all of us here work hard for our money and have to save to get what we want, I know Ive bought all of my machines for myself except for my very first, everything else after that was just money from selling previous machines shoveling and mowing lawns. Now I get to pay for gas, car insurace, cellphone, credit card, rent, and lets not forget the most fun of them all college tuition!! All on my wonderful 24 hour a week part time job at the bakery, but on the bright side, my boss is one of my good riding buddies, so when noone is around at night we race around the building (big circle parking lot) one of my perks I guess you could say. Somewhere within there Ive managed to budget money for my hobbies, I dont know, maybe Im going bankrupt and dont even know it sad.gif

Jaybr

#57 Post by Jaybr »

40 here. Rode dirt bikes and three wheelers a little when I was a teenager. Got married, had kids, had no money through my 20's. Bought my first quad in 99', Polaris Scrambler 500, soon had a quad for the wife and one for the kids. Bought my first Dale in Jan 2002. Now I have more quads than I have time to maintain:eek:

levi550

#58 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I bet you got all the chicks with that bad boy Levi.

Chick magnet it was :confused:

So was I....lol man ya gotta love the 70's

CptHook

#59 Post by CptHook »

Oh yeah, and another nice thing about working at the bakery, since I dont own a truck, my boss lets me use the delivery van to transport my quad around when I need to (tight fit) and/or bring it into the bakery and wash it off. I wonder why the customers keep complaining about mud in their bread... biggrin.gif. My boss kicks *** :head:

levi550

#60 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by comander420
I used to take a suzuki 118 that looked just like that across the woops and up hills, well I tried till the police got me at 15 for street riding it to the trails with no licsence and a licsense plate that was over 10 years old.  It beat me up a lot, anyways I think it weighed about 600 lbs or at least it felt like it.

I know what you mean comander420. Mine was the same, heavy as a horse, no suspension, street tires, but that didn't stop me. I rode it 'til she wouldn't ride no more. 80% on the trails, through the sand....over jumps...lol I am surprised it lasted as long as it did. Good thing I was 10-12 y/o, 'cause my body couldn't take it today.