Is 60HP possible?

cannibalq8

#61 Post by cannibalq8 »

There is a company build a very nice turbo kits and EFI systems called KMS Performance .. they build many Turbo kits for Raptors and DS's which gain 75-80 on pump gas.

Check this monster Turbo/EFI raptor build up by Kenzcycletech in last FSW... it is place 2nd in open class in kast FSW

right click save as on that vid

http://www.kmsperformance.com/video/fourst...okewars2005.wmv

Also check This monster DS800 with Falicon crank and BB cylinder plus KMS Turbo... this thing make 4.6sec in 300ft

notice: The LAST banshee is drunk 12mm

http://web.pdx.edu/~war/Untitled.wmv

CAN U SAY TORQUE!!!!

Already to talk to Kenz and he have no problem doing a porting job for our dales .. he said have flowbench to get max flow.

I can call either Ken or KMS if u want guys

banzairx7

#62 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by 61austin
I'll go with that.  

What did you figure out about our throttlebody?

Throttle body is plenty big enough. The opening is about double what you need to make 60hp. In fact that throttle body will support almost 140hp of air flow.

banzairx7

#63 Post by banzairx7 »

Here is the excel sheet I use.

wistech

#64 Post by wistech »

I was suggesting an engine that pulls 60 consistantly without melting down after 30 seconds.. We need to beat a cirlce and tt racer. Nitrous and turbos wont really work for that.

cannondale27

#65 Post by cannondale27 »

Well just because a quad pulls 60hp on a dyno doesnt mean it will win on a Oval.If I remember right Iceracer beat a FZR bike motored quad on the ice with his stock Dale.So really all we need to do is Dyno a quad on same dyno and beat his 58hp.Then put Iceracer on same quad with a good stroker motor and beat the guy on the ice.We have no idea how he got 58 hp on that dyno.In looking at other CRF bike motored quads they almost all were around 45 or less.

jwheat

#66 Post by jwheat »

Stroker crank and big bore pistons help alot, but we really need to work on air flow for more HP. Different grinds on the cams, bigger throttlebody, better flowing ports, better valves......

cannondale27

#67 Post by cannondale27 »

Another thing we need is the new D&M to properly map these modded motors.I bet a Procal type and dyno would easily give some hp.Some more power can be had with better crankcase ventilation.Ever see the size of breathers on CRF and YFZ compared to our little ones?More HP can be gained by lightening all the internal parts including the clutch basket, flywheel and even the crank.

SlOoT

#68 Post by SlOoT »

Why not make it like a 500+cc ?? And maybe a new head with 6 valves and 4 injectors.

or maybe you guys should start looking into turbo's, maybe a not so powerfull turbo that will boost it up to like 62HP.

These are just some ideas, tell me what you think of it.

c41xracer

#69 Post by c41xracer »

i dont think a turbo in the case for 60 hp, its all in the head deisgn
anyone find any info out on the 04 head?I hate to say this but will a honda or yamaha head fit with mods?Without the 04 head info this would be an option?Its just a thought

iceracer17

#70 Post by iceracer17 »

I didn't beat the guy with my dale,i was on the hrc'd 450r,I would've done better yet with the dale.And he had a R1 motor in a raptor chassis,boy did it hurt getting ice chunks thrown at me when behind him.
It's all in the holeshot and getting around the corners on the bottom without pushing out which this guy couldn't do.smile.gif