The St Anthonies Special

cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes you should.Could be massively reinforced at same time.Think rod would stay in there with 1" thick plate there?Let me know I have some. laugh.gif
The biggest disappointment of this whole thing is there was no big smoke cloud or flame involved.I just thought he ran out of gas.Next time I want to see the fire brigrade running!

thedeatons

#62 Post by thedeatons »

I want Timbo to make a bulletproof case! Scat did that in the VW world and they are phenominal... If anyone can do it it's Tim....

Happyboy

#63 Post by Happyboy »

Maybe Tim will make a billet one for us! smile.gif

cannondale27

#64 Post by cannondale27 »

Sure I bet he would like to do stuff like that.When the cranks stop coming in!I never thought there would be so many to do.I wonder how many pails of Ripsaw bearinged rods and cranks he has had to recycle by now?

wistech

#65 Post by wistech »

Well lets chip in and buy a couple of huge blocks of billet andlock tim in the shop for a couple days. I went off the deep end and took another cup of metal out of this head . The head is way lighter than a stock head. Im going to do some more research into varying the cam timing and overlap for more peak. the highest Ive gone so far is 110 with 2 degrees split and was very happy with the results. Maybe its time for something more radical. I am also modding this head for the huge headpipe of the duals.

wistech

#66 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Aug 7 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW! no seat damage is awesome. So you pretty much just have to replace a bunch of darn parts....and a case. You think you are going to reuse that case? Come on John! You can do it!

Nothin a couple pounds of filler rod couldnt fix LOL tongue.gif

wistech

#67 Post by wistech »

Here are the new cam bearings. Oil will be pressure fed through a drilling from the front oil gallery.

wistech

#68 Post by wistech »

very close to the cam cap stud . You wonder why I dont worry to much about these test engines? Look at the bucket bridge. It had a crack in it so I reinforced it with epoxy to keep it together. There is also a ton of epoxy in the intake tract because it has been rerouted to flow straight to the valve. No big loss to trash these beater parts. Its all for a good cause.

wistech

#69 Post by wistech »

Besides I have other things on my mind these days ohmy.gif

kdeal

#70 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (wistech @ Aug 25 2007, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides I have other things on my mind these days ohmy.gif

I think you are right dude! I told you those steriods were going to make your breasts swell!!!!

laugh.gif