Indy Dealer Show

cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

According to Ohlins the two knobs are rebound and compression. Body is hollow which allows fluid to move past the solid piston. No shims or valvestack other than just on the knobs which have infinite adjustability.

jesshamner

#62 Post by jesshamner »

I knew they were going to be sick. I just saw that lower adjustment and assumed what I previously posted. I didn't talk to them about it.

cannondale27

#63 Post by cannondale27 »

I didn't get a chuckle.

Highland according to thier website is a design house. If you are a company they basicaly set you up with a turnkey unit. Nobody bought Highland.

kdeal

#64 Post by kdeal »

Anybody know who this lurker is? The one with his back to the camera? I think I smelled Wisconsin cheese.......

[attachment=5749:Whodisis.jpg]

What is this part used for? '04 proto part.....

[attachment=5750:04_stem.jpg]

DMAC10

#65 Post by DMAC10 »

Hey guys
It was good to meet some more of the cannondale group.

Brad / Ken still full of life, Thanks for all your help.

Tim, steve and Tims brother( I'm bad with names ) It was good to see you guys.

Jess and Bradley, thanks for letting the old man hang with you youngins tongue.gif

It was my first trip and saw lots of great things, The girls were just alright but the equipment was amazing. wink.gif

peterock

#66 Post by peterock »

I'll verify for everyone, but I do believe ATK has acquired Highland. Most of the stuff everyone saw was gear towards the bikes. You did not get to see the ideas for the quads. For 2009 looks like you should see a complete Laeger chasis, fox shox all around. Plus several engine options: cannondale 450 (and the variations for that motor), Highland 450, Highland 520 outlaw open class, Highland Glamis Killer with the v-twin stuffed in it with possible turbo option and possible nitrous option. One piece cast design swingarm, new cradle design. And some more stuff. Robert is brain storming to try and make these quads all available for a possible initial appearance at Glamis for thanksgiving. Highland v-twin was supposed to come stock at around 70hp but with a simple map change without touching the motor you were looking at around 100hp.

joedirt

#67 Post by joedirt »

QUOTE (peterock @ Feb 18 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll verify for everyone, but I do believe ATK has acquired Highland. Most of the stuff everyone saw was gear towards the bikes. You did not get to see the ideas for the quads. For 2009 looks like you should see a complete Laeger chasis, fox shox all around. Plus several engine options: cannondale 450 (and the variations for that motor), Highland 450, Highland 520 outlaw open class, Highland Glamis Killer with the v-twin stuffed in it with possible turbo option and possible nitrous option. One piece cast design swingarm, new cradle design. And some more stuff. Robert is brain storming to try and make these quads all available for a possible initial appearance at Glamis for thanksgiving. Highland v-twin was supposed to come stock at around 70hp but with a simple map change without touching the motor you were looking at around 100hp.

Is ATK going to have some sort of press release?

jesshamner

#68 Post by jesshamner »

That's good news if its true Pete. I don't have any reason for disbelief so I'm looking forward to that set up. I hope they just go with a honda geometry quad frame so we can swap parts and aparently we might be able to swap motors too. Have you had a chance to compare the weight of the highland 450 and the Cannondale 450 side by side? Its an amazing amount of difference.

The only 2 reasons I haven't switched to some other quad are the community and feel of the power from the cdale motor. Nothing else feels right to me. Now if I can get a honda type frame where I can go to my local honda shop to get chassis parts, I'll be a happy camper.

ozarkdaler

#69 Post by ozarkdaler »

When are they supposed to go public or are they already? I cannot seem to find there ticker on the Nasdaq

peterock

#70 Post by peterock »

I would imagine Laeger would use some sort of set-up that is some what universal but proven and works. No need to completely re-invent the wheel on this one.

as for the motor weight. The highland was very light, but also keep in mind you needed to add about 8lbs or so to it as it was missing some parts for any of you that may have been there and actually lifted it.