Oh boy a new toy

thedeatons

#61 Post by thedeatons »

I was under the impression the DRZ guys were getting 40mpg and the streetable Dales were getting 45mpg.... Harley's don't usually get 60mpg from my understanding, unless we are talking about the Buell Blast.

Honda92

#62 Post by Honda92 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 25 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woohooo I got my title in the mail . Im no longer running renegade. LOL They gave me the title and sticker but no plate. I guess I will have to make my own. My plate number is on the registration card.?

does this mean you will do wheelies down sidewalks now? lol

jesshamner

#63 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jun 26 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was under the impression the DRZ guys were getting 40mpg and the streetable Dales were getting 45mpg.... Harley's don't usually get 60mpg from my understanding, unless we are talking about the Buell Blast.

He said 60 miles per tank. But I thought the same thing at first and I went back and double checked. I was about to make the same post.

thedeatons

#64 Post by thedeatons »

Oh! Sorry!

wistech

#65 Post by wistech »

[quote name='Honda92' date='Jun 26 2008, 01:19 PM' post='192046']
does this mean you will do wheelies down sidewalks now? lol
[/quote
You are a very corrupting person. First thing I need is to get that gutless stock motor out of there and drop in the sledgehammer. Heres a off topic question.
A girl at my bank wants to go for a ride. Can you ride double on a dirt bike or will the subframe /plastic snap off and dump her on the road? I may have to take the yamaha for that.

As far as mileage it must vary widely. Beating around playing in town Im sure gets way different than highway. And how the heck do you check what a tank will get you . I guess I have to carry a couple of bottles of fuel in a backpack and run it till it dies to get the range .
I did find this out . At around 55 to 60 the engine is just on the edge of the power hit.(6500rpm) So accelerating away in traffic to get past 80/90 is very quick. Before I pull the engine I will take it out in the country and see what top speed is with a corked up stock motor.

Nickc711

#66 Post by Nickc711 »

do you have a trail tech on there? If o fill up in the morning...then fill up when you are done then divide miles by gallons wink.gif I did this every day for a week to see what the bet way was longer interstate or shorter back roads...I save 1 dollar by going on the interstate everyday.

thedeatons

#67 Post by thedeatons »

Yep, that is the math I do in my diesel truck, I take the miles I did, and use the gallons it refills to. Just fill it to the same point every time, that will tell you for instance:

I went 70 miles on this 1 gallon

I too would like to know subframe weight limits. I know the two beams at the back end bend very easily, they need a cross member or gusset.

Canniboomer

#68 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 26 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.......Here's an off topic question.
A girl at my bank wants to go for a ride. Can you ride double on a dirt bike or will the subframe /plastic snap off and dump her on the road?

Just put her in front and facing backwards,...wrapped around you.
You'll forget about the hard seat, and will soon be steering for the potholes! rolleyes.gif

jesshamner

#69 Post by jesshamner »

I saw a DRZ400 that had rear pegs for passnegers. I'm sure the subframe isn't a great deal stronger than than the cdale subframe.

wistech

#70 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jun 26 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just put her in front and facing backwards,...wrapped around you.
You'll forget about the hard seat, and will soon be steering for the potholes! rolleyes.gif

Dave I have a story for you........