Ever seen these

4strokemadman

#61 Post by 4strokemadman »

I don't remember Scott, but i'm sure if I saw him I'd remember.

We looked hard at the no-link 250r setup. In the end we didn't want to be tied to a multiple spring setup or the Ohlins PDS setup to get the wheel rate rate to ramp up. It would have been too hard later on trying to get lower cost shocks to work. So we just went with a progressive motion ratio. The down side is that it really works the **** out of the rebound circuit.

MX Quad dad, if you look at the facebook pics I posted earlier it has a pic of the cnc prototype lower front area of the frame. Thats what the forged version looked like.

2000ex

#62 Post by 2000ex »

It sure does, it also is really hard on shock oil because the last few millimeters of shaft travel is accounting for the last 2-3 inches of wheel travel.

This is great info coming from the person in charge of design of these bikes! Thanks again

cannondale27

#63 Post by cannondale27 »

I remember seeing a whole shelf full of those frame members and two very well tested test quads when I was there.Must have been awesome to work at a place where it was encouraged for the employees to get out and test ride!One heck of a track also.You all got to remember that quads really werent doing such big jumps as now on a regular basis.That track had some good ones.I was there the day that Cannondale brought the new Z400 to the factory.I remember grabbing the bumper and you could twist the whole subframe.Nothing bad was said about the Z from any employees though.Got to respect that.

Wes my PEP rear ripped the rebound jet right out of the shaft.Never had a issue with a Ohlins though.

raremoto440

#64 Post by raremoto440 »

What front shocks were on Monica? They look like remote rezys.

2000ex

#65 Post by 2000ex »

They were fox...or at least the rezzies were

WhiteZee

#66 Post by WhiteZee »

4strokemadman, thank you for all the info. i dont even own a cdale and iv gotten more enjoyment out of this thread then anything in a long time.

i was checking out your website, and saw that you do some work for arens. are they still open? i have been tring to get ahold of them, but cannot find a phone number anywhere and no one has any idea about them.....i assumed they shut down.

please keep the pics and info rolling!!!!

raremoto440

#67 Post by raremoto440 »

Yes thank you when I started this thread I never thaught it would get this far , has been a blast learning some of what you know.

JST

#68 Post by JST »

Big question I can't seem to find an answer to.....where is "Monica and Johnny 5" now?

DIRT

#69 Post by DIRT »

QUOTE (NRath @ Dec 2 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I'd be really surprised if Brad doesn't already have a carbon axle. How many were actually made? I'm thinking I've heard of 2 owners, maybe a third.

Yes there was a third.......I have the sprocket hub sitting here I use as a paper weight. NickG gave it to me a couple years ago said someone might be looking for it. Part of the axle is still in it and the axle looks like it was cut with a band saw.

jesshamner

#70 Post by jesshamner »

You have to be kidding me. Someone cut up the carbon axle set up?