Dirt wheels

2000ex

#61 Post by 2000ex »

Why would you want to reinvent the wheel? Do you think for all that work and effort it will be that much better than our motors?

We have become spoiled with the best in the business $$$ for HP ratio there is. I just dont see the real advantage of putting in something different other than something like the V-Twin as described for dunes or drag racing. 115 rear wheel HP? I will believe it when I see it.

The only issues left with our motors at this point are decomps and flywheels, and those are very dependent on how people ride. Decomps from my experience seem to go on those who are running at high RPM's for very sustained periods of time. Flywheels are done in by the stress of dune riding and or those who have a two stroke style and are on the clutch constantly. There really are no performance motors out there that are 100% reliable on all components. It comes with the territory.

cannondale27

#62 Post by cannondale27 »

I don't want to but if it comes down to putting a different motor in then thats what I would do. Should easily be able to get 50 hp out of that YZF and thats all I need for trailquad. Not giving up on Cannondale motor at all but just saying "IF". That motor makes most sense.

wistech

#63 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Dec 31 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would you want to reinvent the wheel? Do you think for all that work and effort it will be that much better than our motors?

We have become spoiled with the best in the business $$$ for HP ratio there is. I just dont see the real advantage of putting in something different other than something like the V-Twin as described for dunes or drag racing. 115 rear wheel HP? I will believe it when I see it.

The only issues left with our motors at this point are decomps and flywheels, and those are very dependent on how people ride. Decomps from my experience seem to go on those who are running at high RPM's for very sustained periods of time. Flywheels are done in by the stress of dune riding and or those who have a two stroke style and are on the clutch constantly. There really are no performance motors out there that are 100% reliable on all components. It comes with the territory.

Decomps like the cranks have been a nonissue for those that inspect them and update . When the price of flywheels goes up or we run out it may be worth it to spend the time to replace the faces . I took me at least ten hours of messing around to make a reinforced flywheel which I have no time for so slapping on a spare from the pile will do until then.

speedracer

#64 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Dec 30 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehehehe

[attachment=9741:ATK_HP_Claimb.jpg]
[attachment=9740:New_ATK_Motors_2_b.jpg]

That V-TWIN looks really tall,how would that fit?Looks like the tank would get in the way. wacko.gif

2000ex

#65 Post by 2000ex »

Here is the next best place to get responses like your typical dirtwheels reader biggrin.gif

Looks like my suspicions were pretty much in line on how others would view it.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...threadid=422390

cannondale27

#66 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup.

dvrack

#67 Post by dvrack »

Who the heck were those azz clowns over at ex riders? I did like the hot blonde comment though.

cannondalemaine

#68 Post by cannondalemaine »

Me personally i think if they could produce and sell this frankenstein quad for a decent price **** i might buy one but depends on how it goes the first couple of years. Sounds to me like the people on ex riders do not like the idea of a newish quad that resembles a cannondale. Somebody on a cannondale must of spanked their *** haha. Anyways if it comes out great if not oh well i still have my cannondales to keep the mouths of the cannondale haters shut when they get beat.

cannondale27

#69 Post by cannondale27 »

You got it. The Cannondale was always a threat to the norm and it still is today. We all know that and others just diss it because of that. Its human nature to put down any threat whether it be because of a actual physical threat (getting beat) or just guilt and jealousy over what could have been. Although its disrespectful us owners and the factory workers. We all should actually take it as a compliment that TEN years after the unveiling the Cannondale is still a threat! Only 250R ever was close to creating such emotion.

UpsMan

#70 Post by UpsMan »

Your average atv racer/rider doesnt' even know what a cannondale is. Those that do know what they are, remember them as being fast as ****, but very unreliable. Only current owners realize that they can be made to be pretty reliable for the most part. Thats why when people see anything related to cannondale, they assume it must be a pos.