Indy Dealer Show

cannondale27

#61 Post by cannondale27 »

True. They also may have been forced into saying that they are making the aluminum frame since that is what they are showing everyone. Why not just say its just a testbed for the motor?

trav

#62 Post by trav »

vultures laugh.gif laugh.gif , steve, you crack me up laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif long live the dales laugh.gif laugh.gif . but anyhow, lets face it, our quads or becoming obsolete day by day. cannondale gave up the dream, atk isn't carry'n the torch any better. sooner or later c-dale powerplants will be no more. then what? we'll have a indistructable chasis, that handles great, with no engine..... i'm really sorry if i affended you by sticking a highland motor in it. but it fit so good with no mod'ing to the main frame, and has plenty more power than before and cut down on weight. this model atv as said earlyier is go'ing be a limited run with alum. frame, then you'll see something BRAND new. i must becareful what all i say. wink.gif

our race team manager talked to Jeff Canfield last week. from what i'm told, scramblexle your completely backwards on this????. rules for non-PRO atv classes state, engine and frame numbers must match, mine doesn't. also states we must biuld 100 units, we haven't done so yet. if at the riders meeting something else was said, a. jeff forgot and b. the rule book was not changed. but if your interested in riding, got a resume? we're looking for riders. but you gotta be faster than me tongue.gif

p.s. speedracer, yea, kits will most likely be available too. i have no idea on base model, or kit prices yet...

2000ex

#63 Post by 2000ex »

Sorry Trav, you have it backwards. Those rules you are reading are for PRODUCTION classes. The only production classes for ATV is the XC1 and XC2 classes or in a class that is designated PRODUCTION. You can run B class all day long on that machine.

http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/2010-gncc-classes

I will send you my resume if you want me to help put it through the paces tongue.gif

ScramblerXLE

#64 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Appreciate that 2000ex, I was going to link the same page. I'll send you a resume trav, but this is only my 2nd year of GNCC's so I'm running 20+C and I'm going to give it all **** to win it and move up to Junior B next year. My national number was 261 last year which means 61st in the morning races. I think my best overall last year was around 46th? But I had a lot of rough luck breaking stuff lol, hoping my program is a lot better this year.

Anyway, I'm a pretty good (like top 5) local B rider. If that's of interest, let me know I'll send a resume wink.gif

ACEwrench

#65 Post by ACEwrench »

kdeal..it was very cool meeting you finally at the show, be it only for a couple minutes...

kdeal

#66 Post by kdeal »

You too Mr. Moore. I meant what I said too! If you need anything drop me a PM for my number.

Z4J

#67 Post by Z4J »

.......but you gotta be faster than me

I'll take that challenge.

wistech

#68 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (trav @ Feb 19 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vultures laugh.gif laugh.gif , steve, you crack me up laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif long live the dales laugh.gif laugh.gif . but anyhow, lets face it, our quads or becoming obsolete day by day. cannondale gave up the dream, atk isn't carry'n the torch any better. sooner or later c-dale powerplants will be no more. then what?

Dales have been obsolete for 7 years now. I dont know where you get the idea that we will ever run out of engines. I think we will still be drowning in engines for another ten years. There are just a couple hundred Dale owners that run these quads and with 5000 to 6000 units built and to be parted out that means we each should have 20 plus spare quads to part out for every dale left running.
As far as the highland and its claims of 62 rear wheel horsepower for a 450cc ... well that would be an acomplishment as I dont think I have ever seen any 450cc engine make that kind of power. No matter who built it or what brand. I guess until we see a video on a dynojet chassis dyno with unbiased witnesses and real dyno charts nobody will ever believe that.
In fact I would love to see a head to head dyno shootout with a 450 dale engine verses the highland hybrid cannondale. And I mean a performance Dale engine like what Tim or I have built. Something from 55 to 60 horse at the wheels. So we will have to set something up. A dune trip dyno day challange? It would be a great advertising deal. Show the world that someone has at last built a engine that can compete with a performance Dale.
Until we see that I like everybody else will put highland in the same BS boat floating down the river of lies as the likes of WWE ,Diamond racing, Southbay,ATK.ect.
If it is true you guys stand to rock that boat and bring about a world of change to the atv market. Unfortunatly since they went ahead with unfounded claims and the dirtwheels article then its certain doom if the hybrid doesnt produce the numbers.
Good luck to you.

Dachshund

#69 Post by Dachshund »

I say, lets see the dyno chart showing 69HP that I was told it made, at the show. Of course that wouldn't help much. Then we would all argue that it wasn't from the same bike. I guess we just need to see video.

UpsMan

#70 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Feb 22 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the highland and its claims of 62 rear wheel horsepower for a 450cc ... well that would be an acomplishment as I dont think I have ever seen any 450cc engine make that kind of power.

You need to get out of Mikes Cycle Shop. No offense. Go down the road a bit to Janssens. I think you would be impressed. Unless you think they are liars there. I don't mean to belittle Mikes, but what have they done lately? I think Janssen can build 60+ hp honda motors all day long. I'm not trying to start anything, I have a lot of respect for you. I don't know anything about motors, but I can read a dyno chart.