Age?

Cdale_racer_669

#61 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i 4got to tell my life story so here i go: i started on a mid 80's yamaha moto-4 80 with no suspension ( i remember seeing a post of someone else who did too) at about 5 years old. that thing was fun! i had that thing til about 2003 LMAO then i got a 300ex, after having that for a couple months i needed something better so i started saving to mod it, well halfway through summer i decided to just buy a new quad. yfz or cannondale. read around a bit, talked to sandstorm about buying his cdale, he decided to keep it so i started looking on ebay and such. found mine for 3000 plus shipping. bought it early 2004 and been saving for mods since!!

c41xracer

#62 Post by c41xracer »

Im 28 and just started riding dales a month ago and wont go back to anything else!Ive been riding ATV's since i was 12

USAMoto00

#63 Post by USAMoto00 »

I'm 31, or is it 13? lol And I bought my '02 Moto in May of that year. It was a B-day gift to myself!:drink: Now I have more C-dales around the garage than I can keep track of and wouldn't want to ride anything else! My roots all came from street bike racing and stunting. I guess I've always been a little on the wild side. In my teens and early 20's I was an avid Freestyle bike competetor. I've ridden with the likes of Matt Hoffman, Dennis McCoy, RL Osborn, and many others. When I moved up to street bikes, I raced them for about 4 years before I had a really bad accident just riding along doing nothing! I then realized the inherant danger and tried to give them up. But the Star Boyz kept coming down to visit our group of "WheelZ UP" riders and riding with us and filming. Then one of my close friends was killed in an accident while practicing a wheelie with his feet over the windscreen. I decided that was it and I needed something with a softer landing for when I crashed.lol That and I had met Michelle and she wanted to start riding with me. I knew that she would be a danger to herself on the street, so this was my decision for riding. I haven't had a better time riding EVER!:usa

jacobw

#64 Post by jacobw »

I am 23 and i have ridden atvs for mos of my childhood life and then I bought my first atv was a 2003 suzuki vinson to ride sice I went riding alot and wanted 4 wheel drive then some guys I knew talked me into racing some so I entered a hare scramble with my vinson in the ute class and did ok then I decided ute are not racers. So I thought I might try out racing and my brother and I was thinking about buying a pair of v forces and we happened to be tooling around and saw a cannondale and we knew they we awesome machines and we picked them up that afternoon and have been racing ever since about may of 2004.:usa :usa

TricityCdale

#65 Post by TricityCdale »

Well, I guess I'm in the "older" crowd. I'm 34 and will be 35 in April. I didn't start riding until 1997 when I bought a brand new 300EX. It's hard to believe that only 8 years ago, that was the best sport ATV on the market! When the 400EX came out in the Fall of 1998, I bought one of the first ones. It's VIN number was 832. I just sold it last night. I know I'm going to regret it, but, it donated itself for Long Travel!!:drink:

When the Cannondale's came out, I was instantly impressed. I wanted a Moto desperately, but couldn't afford the $12k so I bought my '01 FX400/Cannibal "tweaner" in the Fall of '01. Now it's getting the Timbo/Haydug magic done to it and will be ready for a full season of CC racing.

I've actually convinced two of my buddies to buy Cdales since then. The sad part is, the one guy bought his Moto for almost half of what I paid for mine new. The other guy just bought an '03 for $3500. Oh well, now they are addicted and can't imagine having anything else.

Brad Oakley

#66 Post by Brad Oakley »

The way I figure it, you are young up until you're about 22 or so. Then you start "maturing" until your late forties. Then at about age 49, you enter your second childhood. End of February - I enter my second childhood. Yea Baby!!!
Started out on a Briggs and Stratton powered mini-bike. That first adventure lasted almost 75 feet. That's where I hit the brick wall. Probably should have learned my lesson then. Nope... Moved onto dirt bikes - courtesy of my childhood friend: Frank White. Then on to street bikes. Lost two inches off my left coller bone when my Suzuki 1100 got pegged by a teenage driver. Starting a family made me decide to stay off two-wheelers on the roads!
Been on quads since '97. Rode anything I could borrow. Actually started buying them in '02. Have seven now - enough for the whole family!

Sandstorm

#67 Post by Sandstorm »

Hey Brad that was a long time ago. Did that Briggs and Straton have square wheels back then???:wow

Brad Oakley

#68 Post by Brad Oakley »

They were round, but made of GRANITE! I had to chisel them out myself. That's after Fred Flintstone had his dinosaur dig the raw materials out of the quarry for me.

jacobw

#69 Post by jacobw »

hey brad that wasnt one of those honda 50's was it!!! lol those were great I would kill myself if i had one today:)

SlOoT

#70 Post by SlOoT »

At the moment I'm 16 years tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif