Is 60HP possible?

cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

See thats even more impressive.Screw making a reliable motor we have that already.What we need is a motor designed to make 1hr before self destructing.Kind of like a Full blown funnycar motor.I am thinking aluminum clutch basket and rod,no flywheel,lob off the weight from counter balancer,500 cc,turbo, and the wickedest race gas V.P. sells.Hardest part would be tuning it without blowing it up.

Cdale_racer_669

#72 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

no flywheel?sad.gif

aroracer72

#73 Post by aroracer72 »

If you drop 30-50 pds somehow on our dales......we wouldnt neccessarily gain hp...but it will pull harder like more hp would. In a drage race..my friend on his stock yfz walked away from my 450r with a cam and pipe. He ways 100pds....i weigh 165. L8er that day i had my 145pd friend drag race...same spot........my honda got a crappy holeshot(rider error)....but caught right back up...and they were tied on top end this time. That was only a 20pd difference...imagine another 45!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents........save about 15pds...maybe 20.......and get the dale to 50hp...and youll beat him.
CHAD

aroracer72

#74 Post by aroracer72 »

Now lets make a list to save weight...cause this defintely doable...and is 150% reliable!!!!!!!

*LIST*
tailight bye bye
headlights
smaller gas tank(or jsut dont fill it up all the way)
titanium axle(this is double benefit.....lessens rotation mass)
titanium a-arms
titanium steering stem
take off moto number plates/etc if have any
light rims/paddles
light rims/tires(for no sand)

all of that would save an easy 20 pds.......heck...jsut the ti stuff would save over that!!!!!

Now you do this......along with a falicon stroker.........big bore.....porting....higher comp., valve job.......and custom intake...and you would not only beat it....but smoke it in my opinnion.
CHAD

on a side note.....my brother has a 75hp rear wheel banshee....and he beats me on my 450r in a drag...but not by a ton....so guys...this is definately possible...jsut gotta double work here......work smarter not harder!!!!

krash

#75 Post by krash »

I don't know of anyone who makes all those ti parts for dales, Am I wrong???

banzairx7

#76 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by aroracer72
If you drop 30-50 pds somehow on our dales......we wouldnt neccessarily gain hp...but it will pull harder like more hp would. In a drage race..my friend on his stock yfz walked away from my 450r with a cam and pipe. He ways 100pds....i weigh 165. L8er that day i had my 145pd friend drag race...same spot........my honda got a crappy holeshot(rider error)....but caught right back up...and they were tied on top end this time. That was only a 20pd difference...imagine another 45!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents........save about 15pds...maybe 20.......and get the dale to 50hp...and youll beat him.
CHAD

The math is real easy to figure out how much weight will buy you.

stock cannondale- 400lbs?
Rider- 165lbs
Stock hp- 40hp?

565/40=14.125 Lbs per Hp

The power to weight ratio for a stock weight dale with 165lb rider and 60hp is 9.4:1. That means with stock power you would need to drop 189lbs from the bike. That isnt going to happen. If you get the Hp up to 50 then you only need to drop 95lbs. A little more realistic but still pretty **** hard.

cannondale27

#77 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay when I mean no flywheel I mean one that only weighs enough to run our F.I. like drill lots of holes in it.YZ bike motor it is only about 2 in.dia aluminum.Reducing the weight of all rotating objects in motor will give HP.YZ motor is 20 lbs lighter than ours if I remember right.I bet most of that weight is internal parts.

banzairx7

#78 Post by banzairx7 »

Lightening internal engine parts will give zero Hp. It will let it rev quicker. Kind of a weird concept but thats the way it works. The motor will not make any more power with lighter parts.

Good write up can be found here-
http://www.mazdatrix.com/f-writng.htm

aroracer72

#79 Post by aroracer72 »

dales dont weigh 400...not even wet.....they weigh 375 with all fluids(cannibal). A 450 conversion weighs about 362wet. And ice racing you dont reach the absolute top top top speed of your quad...so if you make a dale have awesome bottom and mid and have decent top...you will fasr enough ahead hgis top end wont mean anything. Our powerbands are stronger.....if we get 53hp...and get the dale down to lets say 40pds lighter.......youd beat it. Also things that your weight to power ratio idea is off...is spinning weight. If you have less rotating mess....the dale will reach top speeds quicker and go faster. iM A BILIEVER OF WEIGHT AFFECTING POWER. If this were my project...id do all the reliable high perf. mods we can do to our motors...and shave 30-40pds...and youd be set to go.
CHAD

banzairx7

#80 Post by banzairx7 »

Thats why I had a ? next to weight, I wasn't sure. You are right about the rotating mass, it makes a bigger difference down low. In the higher gears rotating mass means nothing to acceleration. Thos power to weight assumptions are going to be pretty close. I was also assuming both bikes would have the same rotating components for the example.