This cracks me up!!! A post from atvriders

MX Quad Dad

#71 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I probubly should have called Cannondale again but, I figured after all I went thru, the service wasn't never going to be acceptable. in fact after I got the shocks back and tried them they were worse. I believe he told me to tighten the rebound on the rear shock and that was difenantly the wrong way. Everyone at Cannondale and I believe even Ohlins said the Moto was set up for 180-200# rider. I kept telling him my son was under 130# and with all his gear on he was still under 150# and I added his set-up on the Banshee was probubly off the charts. because it took a few tries with WP to dial them in.

Hey I probubly should do all the shocks on both quads. Would you be interested in giving some me some info and maybe a few tips.

MX Quad Dad

#72 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Oh yeah, I can't remember the numbers but, I kept telling him we needed more sag. I think his recomendation was to bring the adjusting nut to the spring and go 4mm farther. We ended up finishing out the year with the nut just tight enough to stop the spring from free traveling with the shock fully extended.

MX Quad Dad

#73 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Dec 17 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure who you talked to about the Ohlins, but any adjustable shock should be able to be set up for almost any riding style. However, I will say that your son will become a more versatile rider if he can learn to overcome each different machine's shortcomings and learn to ride anything fast.

the adjustability in those shocks won't make that stretch, plus he likes it set-up softer than what recomended for his weight and skill level. and we were racing for points and needed to be at our best. We hit a few nationals that year but had some hard luck and our home track was pretty much under water for the whole weekend and i got to admitt we didn't have a huge racing budget and he new how to take care of the quad but, you can't win races like that tring to take care of the quad even though he did once get a second overall out of about 15 quads (at the same track) by just having a running quad at the end of the second moto.

thedeatons

#74 Post by thedeatons »

Yeah, after hearing his weight I agree he requires different springs.

cannondale27

#75 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats just it.Cannondale offered 3 rates right in there catalog.I found a fourth even lighter rate also.I would be happy to get whatever info you need.If you can give me a % like 15% softer compression valving I can get that from Ohlins.Shims arent cheap though.

desertbound

#76 Post by desertbound »

when you get back from your trip, I have a project for you, Steve. It involves turning a set of Glmais ohlins in to piggy backs. Have all the parts, just need to get a set of experienced hands on it.

Not to hijack, but can the stock ohlins from the glamis be converted to dual or triple rate?

cannondale27

#77 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes but they are a semi dual rate already.Adding bottles does wonders.I had some fittings made to make the addition easy.Hrd part is finding bottles.

desertbound

#78 Post by desertbound »

I have bottles, lines, and billet clamps that bolt on the shock body to make them piggybacks. I just need to machine the clamps diameter a little bigger so it will fit the ohlins body.

MX Quad Dad

#79 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 18 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats just it.Cannondale offered 3 rates right in there catalog.I found a fourth even lighter rate also.I would be happy to get whatever info you need.If you can give me a % like 15% softer compression valving I can get that from Ohlins.Shims arent cheap though.

my factory rear springs were 698-29. are you telling me they had lower rates than stock? If so then I'm pi$$ed at them again.

don't think I will change much now since He hasn't raced for years. I think he still is pretty fast though. He had the fastest lap by 1 second at the 07 Majestic trails ride and that was the first time he had rode since the spring ride at speed2424's, which he crashed on his first timed lap.

I'll ask him if he still wants to soften it up a bit. but I want to change the oil and recharge them before next summer.

cannondale27

#80 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh yeah he still has it!Didnt need a stop watch to see that.