Dirt wheels

cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

There definitly is a age gap now. We will teach those youngsters eh Roger!

wistech

#72 Post by wistech »

Too bad Brad never got around to slapping his monster 2 stroke in a dale chassis. Looking back if he would have kept the parts instead of letting the ATK debockle unfold I bet we would have some pretty cool world class hybids and somene who was actually interested in helping out the Dale crowd.

wayneschofield

#73 Post by wayneschofield »

Looks like the Highland single uses a roller barrel throttle....

MX Quad Dad

#74 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Jan 1 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like the Highland single uses a roller barrel throttle....

new term for me. can you explain better? pics would be nice also

Kuma

#75 Post by Kuma »

looking at the picture of the motor how do they make the intake work on a dale frame? the intake track goes up, that would go right where the cross member in the frame that the shock mounts to? Not a lot of room for our exhaust to come straight back.

MX Quad Dad

#76 Post by MX Quad Dad »

now that you mentioned that I went back to look at the pics. it looks to me like the mounts on the highland would match up perfect with the dale. seems they had to lower the front mount to allow the intake to clear or at least minumise any mods in that area. maybe not a big deal but I don't like the dip in the frame.

also at closer look it looks to me like the center of the sprocket is lower than the center of the swinger pivot. and they only have a 13T sprocket

MX Quad Dad

#77 Post by MX Quad Dad »

was on EX looking at the thread on this artical and noticed the pic of the engine. the bolt on the modded part of the cradle is the engine mount and the dale front mounts look to bolt to some small side cover bolt that would have had to be extended to reach the left side mount on the cradle. deffenitly dosen't look like it was intended fo an engine mount

cannondale27

#78 Post by cannondale27 »

I think a roller throttle is a twist throttle.

claas900

#79 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 2 2010, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think a roller throttle is a twist throttle.

No in stead of having a flap/butterfly in the throttle body it has something more like a ball valve,so at WOT its a smooth bore.

wistech

#80 Post by wistech »

I believe it is 2 barrels that are machined as to open up in the center when they roll with each other in time. When at full throttle they are basically an open free flowing tube. No throttle plate in the way.