Indy dealer show

cannibalq8

#71 Post by cannibalq8 »

i think if Dinli think with that quad they will be compititor with yamaha yfz or honda trx they r absolutely WORNG!.

first
even with cheap price ... the riders will not race with that kind of set-up .. so they will pay money again to make race ready ( i wonder what companies will aftermarketparts for that quad ).

second
riders will prefer to buy yammi or honda of course coz they r reliable and old on market... after what happend to cannondale no body trust a new brand such as gasgas for example

can u imagine that quad on MX race..hehehehhe it looks so pethatic

i think dinli should sell to the rights to ATK ....

after all this waiting look what we've got ..guys

:cry: :cry:

Derno24

#72 Post by Derno24 »

I am thinking that I am just going to wait and see. I think without them having finished their frame we can't say much about how the plastic will fit. I think it looks a lil too fancy, but I guess they are aiming for show.

Should be an interesting wait.

CdaleRacer0128

#73 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i guess we should give them more credit though, they ar etrying to bring the dale back, somewhat. Loook at the new swing arm..a new way to adjust the cahin too?

YOu guys have seen pre production ( concept) pictures of quads ANd cars before to have them look NOTHING like waht they really do when they come out..this just may be the case here..

cdrookie

#74 Post by cdrookie »

:usa

cdrookie

#75 Post by cdrookie »

oh yeah- that's the prototype cast cannondale 'arm.

wistech

#76 Post by wistech »

Obviously they are working on it. They are quieting down the gear train with the side cover, with the tailight built into the rear fender the stock dale tailight will be gone. An easier to build swingarm.This is probalbly just showing what the refined parts they have so far integrated into a the past model so lets not jump the gun with conclusions. Really how far do they have to go . A few refinements ,durability enhancements ,lower cost,easier to produce parts. I dont think thier goal is to build a race only machine at any cost. I think they are focusing on the masses just like everybody else. Thats where the money is.

The only thing they cannot do is detune it. :drink:

Hey whats the worst that can happen .....They go bankrupt......

EuroGOD

#77 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by wistech
Obviously they are working on it. They are quieting down the gear train with the side cover, with the tailight built into the rear fender the stock dale tailight will be gone.  An easier to build swingarm.This is probalbly just showing what the refined parts they have so far integrated into a the past model so lets not jump the gun with conclusions.   Really how far do they  have to go . A few refinements ,durability enhancements ,lower cost,easier to produce parts.  I dont think thier goal is to build a race only machine at any cost. I think they are focusing on the masses just like everybody else.  Thats where the money is.  

The only thing they cannot do is detune it. :drink:

:clap: Good comments. We'll have to wait for the reports from people that spoke to Justin so we can get a clearer picture.
I'm sure, that with enough comments, that the colour is open for options...At least I hope so anyway.

If they were to keep the 'dale geometry with swingarm and suspension mounting points, aftermarket suppliers would just have to change the advertising on their products...not the tooling itself.

The removable front fenders appeal to me as well.

Dang! It's starting to grow on me :hammer:

claas900

#78 Post by claas900 »

..I do understand they do have a lot of issues to face with what Cannon left of on,tho i do believe we got the best of what yet is to come? We do have to fix some issues,but once fixed were good to go. How often do you hear a Cannon swingarm failing? I think that case one is going to take a dump right away?...Tho I do agree,and it is better for us and aftermarket ppl that they do make all the parts interchangeable.I do agree with Wistech we shouldn't jump to conclusions,but it is fun to talk about. smile.gif

cdrookie

#79 Post by cdrookie »

i hope nobody runs down to their local dinli dealer and puts money down on one! the machine that they are hoping to release in/for/as an 05 will have little in common with the machine they have there. that's my $.02. looks like they spent the last 6 months making the wildest plastic they could think up. i was excited when i first saw the pics but after talking to one of our guys at the show who spoke with them(dinli), and reading the other posts on here, i'm not putting much faith in them. but then again i'm just a pessimist person:confused: hopefully i'll be wrong.

thomez

#80 Post by thomez »

About sticking with ATK - you all have to remember that they have NOT said anything about manufacturing their own quad. From all info that I have seen, when they run out of rebadged Cannons, that is it. If they do make something else it will take a long while I'm sure. Be patient and see what Dinli has to offer as a final product but don't dismiss them yet. They can bomb this whole project early if they want to and our pessimism as Cannondale owners is probably the worst thing they can get. Give 'em some time.