The 6hr Falicon 468cc quad

jesshamner

#71 Post by jesshamner »

This is Braff1's predator after a local race. This was the first race on my cdale. I overheated and dropped out of the race. I decided that I needed a way to block the mud as my radiator was covered by about an inch of mud. I came up with the same thing as LapTraffic. I mounted some mesh wire on my stock cannibal shrouds and also in between the frame rails just behind my bumper since I don't have a number plate. The next super muddy race was the Spartan 04 mudfest. I never had any problems with mud after installing the mesh. I left the top and bottom open so that air could still pass over the radiator. Its a simple fix but it definitely works.

cannondale27

#72 Post by cannondale27 »

Simple eh!

timbomoose

#73 Post by timbomoose »

Aaa Derno just 2 questions,could you ever go back to stock after having all that extra grunt?You gotta love that power!Excelent job on the 6hr!and is this a start of a trend?biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Derno24

#74 Post by Derno24 »

Tim.....There is no turning back now. That motor is sweet! I also see a trend coming as we will as a forum represent!smile.gif

Smitty911

I'll Keep Glamis.

#75 Post by Smitty911 »

After looking at some of the pictures you guys have posted and the conditions in which you race, Ive decided to KEEP GLAMIS. Even my occasional trips to the tracks my quad and myself have never looked that bad.

Self proclaimed wimp.

Smitty

cannondale27

#76 Post by cannondale27 »

Mud is FUN!(for a little while)

Derno24

#77 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Mud is FUN!(for a little while)

Mud gives me that beautiful glow! smile.gif

banzairx7

Re: I'll Keep Glamis.

#78 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by Smitty911
After looking at some of the pictures you guys have posted and the conditions in which you race, Ive decided to KEEP GLAMIS.   Even my occasional trips to the tracks my quad and myself have never looked that bad.

Self proclaimed wimp.

Smitty

I'm with you. I got covered with about 3" of mud at the group ride and it sucked!

cannondale27

#79 Post by cannondale27 »

It was a blast!Like being a little kid again!Dust sucks!

cdrookie

#80 Post by cdrookie »

derno, go dig up some muddy pics from our old race reports!

i used a piece of screen(screen door stuff) doubled over and ran it from shroud to shroud behind the steering stem. also screwed it to the shrouds so it wouldn't come off. i think it just turned the slop into fine particles that got in between the fins easier.:confused: