Finally lined em up!

USAMoto00

#71 Post by USAMoto00 »

Originally posted by Delaware152
I am curious to see how the predator does when it makes it's national debut. With 50 more cc's and so much skill it should easily finish in the top 5 of a pro-am class.

I'm glad that somebody brought this up. lol We have a local fella by the name of Rob Arnold that has raced the Pred for the previous 2 years. Now if that name sounds familiar to some of you, it's because he just won the 4 stroke A class at the last National. He switched to the Honda because he was running the Open class with his Pred and not getting the job done. They even tried the 450 kit for him and the thing was worse. He gave up his sponsorship deal from what I heard because it just wasn't competitive at those levels for him. If he just placed first at the Nationals by just switching quads, what would you conclude??tongue.gif

Happyboy

#72 Post by Happyboy »

Guys, stop badgering the guy already....
Originally posted by USAMoto00
If he just placed first at the Nationals by just switching quads, what would you conclude??tongue.gif

All this means is he rode better on the Honda. Its all about confort on the quad. If you are unconforable on it then you will not finish well consistantly.

I hope Ben does well on it. If not, then he will get something else he feels better on. We sound like a bunch of honda owners laughing at someone that just bought a dale.

jacobw

#73 Post by jacobw »

I read in dirt wheels when rath racing was first developing the 450 kits for the predator that the 450 kit they developed have more power and was a bit faster that the stock 500cc displacement they come with stock. All the kit was, sleeve, piston and rings and maybe some crank mods. I do remember them saying they was getting more power and the kit was nothing real special. Bigger does not always equall better or badder! Anyway the predators are more of a woods machine than a mxxer anyway. Ben plans on racing hare scrambles so he will be ok look at what smiley is doing on the predator. Smiley nearly stock predator will run with the modded yfz's and honda's. I would ride a predator too it I had some incentive to do so.

USAMoto00

#74 Post by USAMoto00 »

Badgering the guy? Are you serious? I don't care if he rode a circus pony and felt good on it, I just can't keep up with his stories! I was giving factual accounts that I seen with my own eyes. Ben could be a great rider, good for him, but pick a story and stick with it for once huh? I don't care if he's a goofball or not, Pro or novice, but to jump from ship to ship to ship is getting old. Badgering, what a card.:usa :hammer:

Happyboy

#75 Post by Happyboy »

good point....he just gets excited.

USAMoto00

#76 Post by USAMoto00 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
good point....he just gets excited.

Like a crack whore. lol:wow

yamadjs08

#77 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by jacobw
I read in dirt wheels when rath racing was first developing the 450 kits for the predator that the 450 kit they developed have more power and was a bit faster that the stock 500cc displacement they come with stock. All the kit was, sleeve, piston and rings and maybe some crank mods. I do remember them saying they was getting more power and the kit was nothing real special. Bigger does not always equall better or badder! Anyway the predators are more of a woods machine than a mxxer anyway. Ben plans on racing hare scrambles so he will be ok look at what smiley is doing on the predator. Smiley nearly stock predator will run with the modded yfz's and honda's. I would ride a predator too it I had some incentive to do so.

Actually, just got done watching that GNCC racing show on OLN and they were down in Florida I think, anyways on the last lap Matt Smiley passed Bill Ballance for 3rd place, I think thats great for Smiley, is he a full polaris factory rider or is it just partial sponsorship?
O and seen Bill Balance passing a Cannondale in some lap traffic on the last lap. I was suprised to see one at all, anybody know who it is?

bombsquad54

#78 Post by bombsquad54 »

matt smily is factory polaris rider. and im no crack whore!

parks9

#79 Post by parks9 »

Originally posted by bombsquad54
matt smily is factory polaris rider. and im no crack whore!

thats not what ive heard!:eek: j/k