Indy Dealer Show

cannondale27

#81 Post by cannondale27 »

One thing nobody mentioned is the overall display ATK had. It was awesome! It had to be one of the higher traffic displays (without women).

peterock

#82 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Feb 19 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont see atk dumping money into building that kind of chassis when they sell a few units a year, i havent even see the new proposed laeger's arms, you would think laegers would have something on thier site what lenghts are they available in even?? I think the highland motor would be a good thing for them the cannondale motor is good but its getting aged and needs updating with a newer design, something with less moving parts and a easier to use injection system like a power programmer

A-arms are definitely available from Laeger. You may not see them on their site due to them being built for ATK. It may be set-up that you can only get them through ATK. Kind of like if you go on CP's site, they aren't going to have Timbo's pistons listed. They can make the a-arms in +1-+4.

MX Quad Dad

#83 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Feb 18 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is this part used for? '04 proto part.....

[attachment=5750:04_stem.jpg]

Would the prototype part be something to eliminate the counter balancer?

MX Quad Dad

#84 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Feb 19 2008, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont see atk dumping money into building that kind of chassis when they sell a few units a year, i havent even see the new proposed laeger's arms, you would think laegers would have something on thier site what lenghts are they available in even?? I think the highland motor would be a good thing for them the cannondale motor is good but its getting aged and needs updating with a newer design, something with less moving parts and a easier to use injection system like a power programmer

Frame may be expensive to build but, all the R&D is done on it. I think ATK should stay away from companies that build aftermarket parts if at all possible. No matter what they do they are going to (already have) start out as low volume. And most businesses are worried about the high volume. I have thought about buying a new ATK because I like new better than used. For my riding abilty and the amount I ride, I really don't need the strength or HP of the ATK/Dale, so if I was shopping for a new quad and had a choice of paying more for a ATK with a steel frame with a Cannondale engine or even the Highland engine, I think I might start looking at the price a lot more. Heck I would probably end up back on a Polarass.

I am impressed with that Highland engine but, truth be told if someone were to give me that engine. I would sell it and buy me two Cannondale's and send them with the rest of the money to Timbo, for the all the mods.

jacobw

#85 Post by jacobw »

i would like to see pics of these new laegers to see what they look like and price before i bought a set and are they using any hiems on them?? or are they bushings upper and lower and use the system similar to houser where you flip the pieces on the top to change the castor

peterock

#86 Post by peterock »

kdeal

#87 Post by kdeal »

The show was very interesting. The 04 proto part was the new steering stem bottom they were going to use. The Highland single motor was definitely missing some parts to be so light. There quad plans are unannounced because there may be more to come. The new ATK is a work in progress. If all goes as planned from what I hear there will be more surprises.

peterock

#88 Post by peterock »

KDeal is right as he posted. The quad stuff is Robert's baby basically. He could have brought some of the stuff but if he did, he wanted it done right and not half a**. Two of those components I believe are going to be the casted swing-arm (which talking to C27 sounds like the prototype 04 cannondale swingarm). And a new style engine cradle. So if you would throw that stuff in, the quad really has been completely gone over from what it was when ATK first bought them.

joedirt

#89 Post by joedirt »

It would be cool to have access to the motor without dropping the motor. It hopefully will be really user friendly machine. They just need to keep it simple so they don't scare off alot of potential buyers.

kdeal

#90 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (joedirt @ Feb 19 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be cool to have access to the motor without dropping the motor. It hopefully will be really user friendly machine. They just need to keep it simple so they don't scare off alot of potential buyers.

That kind of access is going to be hard with the stock frame. I think they may be looking at putting the motor in another chassis.