10k rev limit

Jaybr

#81 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by haydug
I think I know where that seriously flawed rumor started, I know Jaybr has all the specs as we have researched them looking for a better bearing. That is an untrue statement, but glad you asked so you can know the real truth.
Oh, and Welcome!!  :welcome:

Haydug is correct. I don't recall the exact numbers, but when researching bearings I found that the stock bearings are rated at around 11k. However, that rating is when used with grease, with oil their rated much higher than our 11,600 rev limit.

azcannon

timing chain

#82 Post by azcannon »

I haven't been in the jap brands high-performance atv/mx 4 stroke heads and I was just wondering If they all use the cannondale ( or maybe standard ) timing chain to gear drive configuration, I have read a lot of posts and havent ever heard of a timing chain failure or a gear drive failure or replacement for that matter , with that in mind it seems to be holding up well with all the rpms in discussion
( I have heard of some guides breaking )
I ride the cannondale for the technology and AMERICAN standpoint , it feels really good to ride something we actually built that is competitive but I am lowering my rev limit because i constantly hit it with tire spin on gravel roads between trails racing my buddies and I should be more aware of the rpm's but I am not and if that saves me a teardown because of my bad habits I am all for it. I dont want to raise the gearing for all the rocky trails I go slow on and get in the lugg range ( big rocks )

I see the quad point also particularly on sand hills

Happyboy

#83 Post by Happyboy »

I have seen one timing chain failure. Of course it had a tranny bolt wedged between it and one of the gears. smile.gif

JeffQuadShop

#84 Post by JeffQuadShop »

For the ones that said they like to hit the rev limiter for the most power......

jacobw

#85 Post by jacobw »

so the motor makes the most power from 9 to 10k so it looks like the 10,800 rev limit is about right cool that is some useful information

Happyboy

#86 Post by Happyboy »

saweet!!! :ride:

wistech

#87 Post by wistech »

Wow Those make almost as much horsies as mine.:cool:

USAMoto00

#88 Post by USAMoto00 »

Nice numbers Jeff. As we can ALL see, the butt dyno is often wrong. lol Here's another thing to look at: while drag racing one of my street bikes I noticed a very weird reoccuring similarity. When we jetted the bikes for overall horsepower on the dyno, our 1/4 mile times were slower than when we jetted for the BEST OVERALL power curve. We sometimes varied up to 15 horsepower on our bikes, but times were significantly improved. Point of theory, sometimes the most horsepower isn't as good as most USABLE horsepower. (more torque) :usa
Sorry Derno for using the street bikes as a basis again, but it was where all my base knowledge was gained.:drink:

banzairx7

#89 Post by banzairx7 »

Same argument that many honduh ricers don't get. Why a 225hp mustang is faster than a 225hp honda. It's all about the torque curve.

cannondale27

#90 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it is about that and the curve in that dyno run is bad.Looks like a 2stroke curve.How about a a/f chart to match it.