Before it begin - The Jesus Tomb March 4th

Happyboy

#91 Post by Happyboy »

all too serious.......Smitty...the normal rules apply, don't talk religion or politics if we want to have fun. smile.gif no hard feelings on any of it.

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic, and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.
The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass.....and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a
Catholic." Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the eighborhood. The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you a catfish.

ozarkdaler

#92 Post by ozarkdaler »

LMAO

Smitty911

#93 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Mar 9 2007, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all too serious.......Smitty...the normal rules apply, don't talk religion or politics if we want to have fun. smile.gif no hard feelings on any of it.

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic, and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.
The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass.....and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a
Catholic." Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood. The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you a catfish.

That is perfect LOL LOL

I never understood the no meat on Friday thing. Where in the New Testament Peter says:

Act 11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Act 11:6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 11:7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
Act 11:8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.
Act 11:9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.
Act 11:10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.it removes any unclean animal.

I am having some Fun you guys are making me think and do more reading. My typing skills are improving, I'm getting faster at finding things in the Bible.

So just like the Bible says. God will use all things to his good end. smile.gif

Smitty

Happyboy

#94 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Smitty911 @ Mar 9 2007, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never understood the no meat on Friday thing.

You get Lent though right? The friday meat thing is just a time for pencnce. Meat is more of an inconveniance more now that you would think. The church also sees this as just a small reminder of God and to keep him on your mind and heart. No matter how small the penance, its still a penance. Its also a good way for all Catholics to band together to make a statement. It brings the religion into public where you don't see or hear much about it anymore. At least, that is my opinion.

Smitty911

#95 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Mar 9 2007, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You get Lent though right? The friday meat thing is just a time for pencnce. Meat is more of an inconveniance more now that you would think. The church also sees this as just a small reminder of God and to keep him on your mind and heart. No matter how small the penance, its still a penance. Its also a good way for all Catholics to band together to make a statement. It brings the religion into public where you don't see or hear much about it anymore. At least, that is my opinion.

I understand the 40 days pre-Easter is a symbolic gesture called Lent. So the meat is just a reminder to think of God more.

Thanks for the info.
Smitty

Happyboy

#96 Post by Happyboy »

Its just a penance. Heck, it used to be year round. And wasn't really started by the church...weird how traditions come to exist.

Its just a penance. Heck, it used to be year round. And wasn't really started by the church...weird how traditions come to exist.

cannondale27

#97 Post by cannondale27 »

Catholics even get marked.Palm Sunday ash cross right on forehead.Remember that as a kid Happy?I agree guys even though it can be heated at times discussion of religion is a good thing.

Mjollnir

#98 Post by Mjollnir »

QUOTE (Smitty911 @ Mar 8 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Car bomb? tsk tsk I used this because they happen almost daily and you have a lot to choose from.
But, you are looking at the big picture again, not a very small part of it. Show me a small part from an explosion that looks orderly. I'm game if you can find one. The big picture is a hole in the ground, with lots of stuff thrown outwards. And you look at it right after it happens, rather than what? billions of years later? lol Show me something current. Take a times lapsed film of a detonation and show me some order to it. Of course the only order will be What goes up, must come down. Law of Gravity. Show me something made in an explosion, say something small like, piston wrist pin clip.LOL
could? That is my thinking, do you have a better explanation?

Sorry, this is tough because you replied inside the quote, Smitty. There are many, many points in this thread that I would love to discuss, but I just don't have the time. However, I just can't let this whole explosion thing go - I have to address it.

You seem to be basing your opinion of if the big bang is even possible based upon an extremely limited physical perspective.

Your car bomb observation proves the order that comes from an explosion of matter. There IS order to the car bomb explosion, you are simply looking at the event on far too small of a scale - the universe is huge - HUGE. Bigger than any of us can even comprehend. Ever seen the Hubble Ultra Deep field image? Hubble UDF site

Each of those dots is a Galaxy. A GALAXY - like, the Milky Way. Each contains, conservatively, 100 BILLION stars. There are an estimated 10,000 galaxies pictured in the UDF image, which you can see at the above link. This picture is just a small section of it.

Anyway, moving on. You have made a valiant attempt to set up a straw man with your car bomb theory, but even it doesn't hold up, because the universe is very predictable when it comes to these things. Anyway, as your car bomb explodes, the gravity of the mass involved and nearby interact and aggregate into a single mass - this is what matter does in the universe. In this case, the earth affects the particulates created in the explosion far more than the particulates affect the earth, only because of the size difference. It happens very fast on this small of a scale. Thusly - order. From your explosion, order is created. Certainly, the parts of the car are not sorted into neat piles, and the explosion doesn't create a duck or something, but it doesn't matter. There is still order - the matter involved in the explosion coalesced. This is exactly what happened after the big bang, only on a massive scale.

In the big bang, sure, there was apparent chaos for quite some time - a couple billion years or so, really looked like nothing was happening, probably. But as the universe expanded, smaller particulates - dust, for instance, began to coalesce into small rocks. Those rocks had more gravity than their component dust, and also stuck together. This continued on huge scales, creating planets, asteroids, etc. Same thing happened with clouds of gas, as they formed clouds and their gravity made them more and more dense, until ultimately the pressures and temperatures starts a thermonuclear fusion reaction (converting Hydrogen to Helium), igniting the star. Balls of gas that did not attain the necessary size to ignite a fusion reaction were captured by more massive objects to become planets, or were coalesced into those more massive objects. Of course, this happened hundreds of billions of times, and continues to happen today in areas of the universe such as M16 (Eagle Nebula) and the Small Magellanic Cloud

Remember when the Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet slammed into Jupiter a few years back? Aggregation. Order from chaos. One less rogue rock in the universe.

So, we fast forward another few billion years and galaxies are pretty much fully formed as the raw material is used up, and there is more and more empty space in the universe. At the center of each it is generally accepted that there is a supermassive black hole holding everything together. This was, of course also created by aggregation, not by the "poof" method. Just as the dust coalesces into small rocks, larger objects to the same. It is, however, far more spectacular because those objects have more energy. There is also the question of "dark" matter, which science knows exists, but still does not completely understand.

If you want to see aggregation at work, look under a bed sometime. See those dust bunnies? Aggregation. Different principles at work, but again, what you're seeing, on a certain level at least, is order from chaos.

Marc

cannondale27

#99 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks for those pics Mjollnir.How can anyone see pictures like that and those facts and not just feel amazed at it all.I will admit that it may be just the humbling feeling the vastness brings to me but the more science finds out the more I turn to God and thank him for our existence it also makes me think the end is NOT near there is so much to do yet.Just look at those pictures and use your IMAGINATION like spongebob says biggrin.gif

Mjollnir

#100 Post by Mjollnir »

Here are some more you guys might like.

This one is cool. In late 2001, the Supergiant star V838 Monocerotis gave off a pulse of light (Well, it actually gave off a pulse of light hundreds of millions of years ago, we can just see it now because the light is just now reaching us. Er, never mind.) Anyway, Hubble's been taking images of it ever since. Below you'll see the most recent image at the top, with past images below. The light is radiating outward in a wave, just as if a stone had been thrown in a pond, and the ripples are radiating outward.

This one is for you, Smitty - the Helix Nebula, called the "Eye of God" by many.

The so-called Lynx arc is 1 million times brighter than the well-known Orion Nebula, a nearby star-birth region visible with small telescopes. This super-cluster contains a million blue-white stars that are twice as hot as similar stars in our Milky Way galaxy. It is a rarely seen example of the early days of the universe. The spectacular cluster's opulence is dimmed when seen from Earth only because it is 12 billion light-years away. The only reason Hubble could see it is because of a gravitational lens - the light from this region was magnified by it's light being bent and concentrated by the graviatational field of a cluster of galaxies between it and us. Here's what really twists your noodle though - these stars are all gone. Because they are about 12 billion light years away, they exploded billions of years ago, in millions of supernovae, blasting all of their component elelments into space, to be used in the formation of other stars.