Indy Dealer Show

joedirt

#91 Post by joedirt »

With the use of a different chassis they could do this (have complete access to the motor). It would be cool for them to come out with something that would be better then anything on the market. Leager frame, C-dale motor, and Ohlins or Fox suspension WOW sound to good to be true. If Leagers builds a frame I hope they use geometries from different machines like Honda front and just say Yamaha rear just so the buyer have more access to aftermarket parts/options. Cause that it one thing Cannondale always lacked.

cannondale27

#92 Post by cannondale27 »

Hey remember way back someone made a Aluminum frame?Was that Laeger?I remember lifting one and it was lighter than a 250r Lonestar frame by far.

claas900

#93 Post by claas900 »

LRD, heard it didnt hold up very well.

joedirt

#94 Post by joedirt »

That was the guy who bought LRD. He designed and manufactured mountain bikes. It was lighter and he said it was 10x stronger then the stock 250r frame. I had one it broke. They bought the Leager name for that chassis. I think the only thing they were good for was TT. I can't think of the guys name it will come to mind

jesshamner

#95 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah from what I heard they were specifically designed for TT use but people were trying them in other disciplines of racing with almost no success. Light but weak. They need to just design a 450r based chromoly frame so we swap chassis parts with the most abundant quad out there today.

cannondale27

#96 Post by cannondale27 »

Well then I see the only real option is to make the stock frames again.Small geometry changes could easily be made within the existing parts.Maybe even enough to use 450r parts.Werent we told that there was barrels of frame components at ATK.Must be a bunch of the 04 frame billet fronts.Plus ATK owns all the rights now since they bought it from Dinli.That must mean they have the jigs.So what is the problem?A 04 frame with any geometry changes and a removable sidecover for close to the cost of a KTM and I will buy one.

jesshamner

#97 Post by jesshamner »

The only reason I wanted something based off the Honda is because I can go to my local shop and pic up parts if I need them. I hate having to order everything online.

So the investors now have all the parts from ATK and have all the property that Dinli bought? So that means they should be able to build the same machines that we have right now correct? I am happy with the machine that I have. It would be great if they started building the same machines but with all the updates that you guys have developed since. If that were the case, they couldn't go wrong. I am just thinking out loud here.

MX Quad Dad

#98 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I can say the removeable side cover would be nice. I would like to see quicker access to the spark plug. I think there is a growing availability of aftermarket parts and if ATK can reasure perspective buyers so sales go up we will see the availability of aftermarket parts. I would rather see the quads offered with quality parts so there is no need to upgrade. I was always impressed with leager assesories. but I would not trade my Dale frame for a leager, and I have seen the leager frame break.

Nickc711

#99 Post by Nickc711 »

wow...i was not expecting any of this...way to go atk...it would be great to see some of the 04 prototype designs to be used...and finaly the next step might be taken

dvrack

#100 Post by dvrack »

wacko.gif Questions questions and more questions,, So who did ATK buy who is fronting this project who are the companies involved? I looked into Highland and ya they are a Euro company but looked farther and there engines and other parts seem to be coming from China. Now not to be negative but I kinda get worried when I see the made in China label even though my kids ethnic makeup is 25% Chinese.