c-dale questions

CdaleRacer0128

c-dale questions

#1 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

ok well ive been looking into getting me a new quad for a while now and have definately narrowed it down to a 2003 speed or a 400ex which i would put a-arms axle, and shocks on then race it for the season and then do motor work
now, every racer of there 400ex's n 250r's that ive asked said they dont like the c-dales.. they said that they always have problems with breaking and too weak
ive heard that they have weak bolts that need to be locktited and there shock mounts arent very strong
these things make me worried abut buying one
i want some info from guys who actually RIDE and RACE them themselves...
loctiting is no problem, nor is taking great care of it like changing transy oil every5 hours and airfilter everyride also chanign engine oil every so often
so what are there downsides? and do you think that they are the best out there n have no major problems anymore? thanks
sorry for the long post i really want to know before i made the wrong decision

Cannibal440

#2 Post by Cannibal440 »

Working on a Cannondale can be a pain, but the recommended oil change intervals are a joke. I have over 5 hours on this oil and tranny fluid change, and the oil still looks new and the tranny fluid is nearly as good. Seperating the oil and tranny fluid is the best idea I've seen to improve the longevity of your engine. Who else does this? You will learn to appreciate loctite, but not cause the fasteners are weak, but cause the aluminum frame is VERY rigid and transmits more vibration through the quad. I havent been bothered by it while riding, though. Except for fouling a plug and losing a couple of screws here and there my quad has been trouble free. And by the way, if you need customer service cannondale cant be beat.

Cannibal440

#3 Post by Cannibal440 »

Oh, ya. Check out the shock mounts for yourself. wink.gif Plenty strong looking if you ask me.

Cannibal440

#4 Post by Cannibal440 »

check it out!

Cannibal440

#5 Post by Cannibal440 »

tried to send a picture. didn't appear to work. Check out marcum's motorsports website they have some pics of a Speed with no plastic on it they should put your mind to rest.

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

thanks guys, im going this saturday to go look at some cannibals around me and maybe put a deposit down on a speed if i like the dealers prices

anything else i should know?

cheetah5431

#7 Post by cheetah5431 »

Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
thanks guys, im going this saturday to go look at some cannibals around me and maybe put a deposit down on a speed if i like the dealers prices

anything else i should know?

Get me one too while your at it.wink.gif biggrin.gif

CdaleRacer0128

#8 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

nittro the only dealer around here that i know of is depford honda yamaha in depford new jersey
where did you go? and if u could pm me with directions, my dad said we have to find the BEST deal around
whatd u pay for ur cannibal otd? they are quoting us 8250 otd on a speed at depford..

MotoRacer

#9 Post by MotoRacer »

i went to pompton honda because i live right down the road from them when i bought my new moto 440 from them a few weeks ago...so far there isn't ONE problem. I absolutely LOVE the moto! You will not be disappointed if u get one...cannondale's are the best quads ever.

Moto

MotoRacer

#10 Post by MotoRacer »

must be a horrible rumor...1st off i don't even think they actually stock up on cannondales so they have many in stock.I think they just do it by order, or take the one they have off the showroom floor...also, i am riding nearly every single day at my farm in wayne, and on ALL the trails, and had never seen a cannondale of any kind. My frame is perfect, and haven't had one problem yet. Gotta love the Dales.

Moto