Looking for opinions on selling Cannondale

GDITheman

Looking for opinions on selling Cannondale

#1 Post by GDITheman »

I just bought a 2003 Cannibal in Dec. It had low hours and was great to ride until the scavenge pump seized. I caught it before I rode it with the bad pump. So now the engine is at HayDug's getting a rebuild and a 468 kit with Falicon crank and Kibblewhite valves and springs. It will be a great engine when I get it back. But now I'm thinking of selling the quad when I get the engine back. My friends all ride Jap quads and they are always riding. Not me. I have to send my engine out accross the country and don't have any local support. Maybe I just need to get rid of it while I'm ahead and get a YFZ so I can ride.

Let me know what you think.

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

if you wanna be like thousands of other yammi owners then go get you one of those rice cakes. but atleast give the cdale a ride after you get it back together before you make your decision.:drink:

MrSlithers

#3 Post by MrSlithers »

I agree. I went to the local racetrack this weekend and EVERYONE had a 400ex, 450r or a YZF. Out of 105 riders, I was the only one with a Cannondale and everyone's eyes were glued to it while I was cruisin around the track and even in the bed of the truck.-

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I agree with both sides. I had a 400ex before the cdale. I never had any problems and was always riding and never wrenching. When I got the cdale I loved all the attention...that is until I wasn't finishing races. Now I feel uncofortable with the attention for the fear of it failing and everyone says..."Well, it is a cannondale. What do you expect." I dont' have much time to ride or wrench. When I get free time...I'd like to ride instead of fixing the quad. When I do get to ride it, I love it. I know how it is. Its frustrating when you have to wrench when you would rather be riding.

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

It can be troublesome at times. Believe me on that. Members who've been here about 2yrs can remember my rants. I switched to Honda last year and regret it still, even though I got an ATK from it. The best feeling though is showing up at races and when people ask what class you're in, the response is "Oh ****". :usa

Not to mention when you get up and win or one of the top spots people just get amazed it seems.

azcannon

whats your location ?

#6 Post by azcannon »

Where are you at ? sometimes it helps to know a bunch of people close to you that have them also , I have met at least 5 different owners near me and I contacted all of them and set up a meeting and this is last weekend at my house

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

That Durango looks pretty good.

azcannon

that was last years project

#8 Post by azcannon »

Got her done last year 4.56 front and rear , detroit , 5.5 tuff country , sucks gas like you wouldn't believe but it will go down most 4 star jeep trails

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

I think that is definitely the trick. You should search on the boards for people close to you. I have met maybe a dozen Cannondale Owners who were on the forum, but even more who weren't. Pay attention at the trails sometimes you will run into someone who is in the same boat. Then you have help. Kinda like a support sytem!

parks9

#10 Post by parks9 »

its all up to you whether you sell it or not. All bikes have their problems and your not going to get totally out from undernieth their problems. get what you like, and just realize that all bikes need tlc every now and then.

oh yeah if you get a yfz, you will be replacing the crank or rod bearing within the next 1 1/2 years. Just a heads up!