Wiseco Pistons

Brad Oakley

Wiseco Pistons

#1 Post by Brad Oakley »

I figured I'd post this here, since EVERYBODY comes to the Open Forum at some point.

Wiseco has offered me the chance to buy 70 of their 95mm original pistons. It'll run me almost three grand to get them all (It's the way they were offered to me!) If I blew them out at, say, $60 each, what interest would there be in them?

Just let me know if you're interested. This will NOT be considered a commitment to buy. I just want to know if the investment can be recovered over time, or if that particular style/size of piston is a dead issue.

Thanks!

azcannon

Pm'd ya

#2 Post by azcannon »

where do you find this stuff ? thanks for looking

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Are they complete with wrist pin and rings ? Id snag a couple right away . Have any been used in a stroker crank yet. I like the 3 ring design but the skirts might be a little short . Maybe Tim will chime in.

Brad Oakley

#4 Post by Brad Oakley »

As I understand it, they are complete - pins, clips, rings.

I 'found' these as part of an order for 100mm pistons.Guess what THOSE are for:)

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Maybe you should bore that puppy out to 105mm and rename the engine the Howitzer. Wow:wow

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

smile.gif sounds like a good deal to me. I am in for a couple. If only my wife found specials like these when she went shopping.

cannondale440

#7 Post by cannondale440 »

Well considering I just bought one for like double that. I would have defenetly got one.

cdalerider75

#8 Post by cdalerider75 »

How early are these? Sometime ago I remember people snaping wrist pin's was that from this batch???

If not put me down for one!!! Would be nice to have a back up!!

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

are these stock bore if so I would be interested I will need one for by rebuild this fall.smile.gif

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Hey brad. See if you can work into that deal a bunch of ring sets. I like to get new rings for a rebuild but the pistons don't always need to get replaced. They are kinda steap on the ring sets so maybe they would sell you a few of those seperate?