shorty success

cdaleracer52

shorty success

#1 Post by cdaleracer52 »

i made my ti moto exhaust into a shorty. worke out perfect, the job looks factory. used the hydroulic horizontal band saw, smoothed the cut end of the pipe with the disk sander, drilled new holes and put new pop rivets. very proud of my work. the only thing that went wrong was when i was cutting the blade got stuck on some packing and the exhaust started to spin in the vice (dont worry it was flat no teeth) and there are some line on the exhaust, but there not serious at all.

KYmxracer52

#2 Post by KYmxracer52 »

that turned out very well. Good job.

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

Well done. That's alot what mine looks like, but its all blue in color.:eek:

banzairx7

#4 Post by banzairx7 »

Kind of curious why people shorten the mufflers? Mine was shortened before I got it and wish it was full length. The quieter the better around here. Lots of people around that don't want us riding. Being loud is another reason for them to call the police.

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Well, when racing, these darn things just stick out way too much. I mean you can't even stand some of them on the grab bar to wash them without the pipe hitting the ground. I'm having my TC shortened down in the mid pipe area to keep this from happening. I'll post pics of it when I get it back.

jcv440

#6 Post by jcv440 »

I'd be carefull if your going to race. Sound rectrictions are going to be enforced. Might be better off with an HMF.

hnnblehscnnble

#7 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

ok heres my problem.i knew the core of my fmf ti4 was broken.u could here it.so i open up the can from the header side of course and there is no packing:( i packed it at steves house june 25th weekend.so me and my boss cut the broken edges off the core and weld it back on.the only problem is i want to shorty it now that its apart but dont know how to go about it. i was thinking just cut down the core that the packign goes around towards the end cap of muffler and the cut off the can on the end closer to the header.drill new wholes and good to go.what do u think?

kyle