New owner w/ a few questions

Killer_Shee

New owner w/ a few questions

#1 Post by Killer_Shee »

Hello all,

I have been riding quads for the better part of my life and I have owned eveything from ATC's to Banshees to my current mount which is a KFX700. I wanted a lighter weight, more nimble quad for duning so I picked up a Cannondale Cannibal to add to my stable.

I bought the quad off of Ebay-it was listed as a 2002, but I believe it is an '03. Here is a link to the auction for the quad:
Cannondale

I am picking the quad up in Omaha this weekend, and I am looking forward to swinging my leg over it and seeing how she runs. I spoke with Colby @ C&D Racing and I have plans for getting a D&M kit and a full HMF Exhaust.

Is there anything I need to be aware of with these machines that is out of the ordinary? I understand they are a little quirky, but that is some of the reason why I like them so much.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Welcome to the site! Once you get it, and get it home, I would go over it with a fine tooth comb. Also, now is the time to do all the updates, motor mount,battery tray(2 washers) etc. As for the full system, there is another way to save yourself $200 on that as well.

Good luck with it!

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Welcome, Doug is right. Just go over the machine and pay attention to the details till you get your feet wet. They are different machines then anything else out there, but with a little work they can be a blast. Read around on these forums and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Haydug is a very good resource for questions as is Colby.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

you definately could've gotten a better deal, hate to say it...but maybe not within driving distance though...
watchout for those yellow springed arving, they like to bend and break. get a set of newer grey springers and live happily ever after. read everything on this site, all you're questions will be answered and then you can amaze your friends with your knowledge. good luck and get some fender bolts for that thing(why are the back spar/fender bolts and tophats missing?).

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

:welcome: to the site. As for your feelings on the year, you are right. It's a 2003 Cannibal Limited Edition (Stars & Stripes) Model. Look at all the Service bulletins, Technical Bulletins, & Parts bulletins for any updates that you will need. Send me a PM for any questions on the bulletins, as I am putting together a guide for new users like yourself.

Good Luck........and ride it like you stole it.

:usa

theJeStEr1340

#6 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Pick up a good set of Elka's from one of the site sponsors to replace those Arvins. Just get the Slip on HMF, the head pipe isn't long enough to make as much hp as what HMF says. Spend the money you save on the pipe and get some nerf bars.

jwheat

#7 Post by jwheat »

Read the posts and technical info on this site and you should be good to go. I consider this site to "Class for Cannondale Owners!"
There are alot of knowledgeable poeple on this site that don't mind helping. :clap: :clap: :clap:

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

:welcome:
Welcome to the site, and thus to the addiction. Definitely get all your critical updates done first, talk to Doug and he will let you know exactly what ones are critical, and how to look for them, or search around the site and ask questions. It may seem like a hassle for a brand new machine, but you will thank yourself later on down the road when your machine is still running bulletproof while others who do not bother with any updates run the risk of ruining their machines and end up spending loads more money on replacing parts than the minimal cost for most of the updates. Not only will you save yourself a lot of trouble, but you will get to prove all the dale haters wrong out there that try to tell you that your machine is going to blow up.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Welome to the site and world of Cannondales.

How good are you with motors? If pretty good then you will be fine doing all the updates.

cdaleracer52

#10 Post by cdaleracer52 »

i thought the 03's came with the FOX rear shock? maybe its an early 03 that came with an ohlins rear shock.