quad to trike?

Happyboy

quad to trike?

#1 Post by Happyboy »

Anyone know if the bike's swingarm will fit on the quad? I know the inner spacing is the same, I am so smart, but what about the exterior spacing?

Would be kinda neat to make it a trike and streat legal like that. Would be a fairly easy change over as well. Just the swingarm.

Brad Oakley

#2 Post by Brad Oakley »

As I recall - the swing arms are completely interchangable. There was a trike just like you've described floating around the Cannondale factory when I was there.

Of course, wouldn't you rather put a quad swingarm on a bike chassis? The way you describe it, you'd have two wheels in front and one in the rear.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

I guess so. But I would rather find a way to make my quad street legal. The bike would already be legal so what fun would that be? Now, where to find a bike rear end. smile.gif I saw the swing arm on ebay and it made me think.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

That would be a fun machine to ride!smile.gif :hammer: :head:

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

I read an article somewhere about that. A guy did that to a Raptor then rode it across the US. They test rode and as I remember didnt like it, but thought it was a good idea. I think he used a really wide rear tire, just to stabilize it. Man thats gets me thinking it would be a really fun project.

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by Exodus
I read an article somewhere about that.  A guy did that to a Raptor then rode it across the US.  They test rode and as I remember didnt like it, but thought it was a good idea.  I think he used a really wide rear tire, just to stabilize it.  Man thats gets me thinking it would be a really fun project.

Yeah, the guy was over on Bluetraxx.com, pretty cool guy to talk to. I would convert a quad if a trike would be legal here in Iowa, but I dont think it would be legal.:cry:

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Yes, it will work, I have seen 2 of them done like that, actually, I think they followed me home from the factory one day. I never got around to riding them though, one was a complete bike, but quickly switched it back to a quad to ride, the other did not have a motor, so I parted it. :cry:

twisted

#8 Post by twisted »

There is 2-3 guys on bluetraxx.com that have street legal quads, (one wheel in the back), search and you will see. I beleive they are all raptors also.

five08

#9 Post by five08 »

yeah like someone said if there interchangable why not take a bike(if you have the money) and put a quad swinger on it....:cool:

so pretty much you can make a c'dale 3 wheeler very easliy