hipers or standard

guthrie08

hipers or standard

#1 Post by guthrie08 »

just wanted to see what you guys recommend. spend the extra money and go with front hipers 4:1 or buy an aluminum double rolled front rim 4:1?

61austin

#2 Post by 61austin »

Hipers aren't any lighter than stock wheels so the only real benefit would be the beadlock. Just my $.02

2000ex

#3 Post by 2000ex »

Originally posted by 61austin
Hipers aren't any lighter than stock wheels so the only real benefit would be the beadlock. Just my $.02

Obviously hipers are far superior to the stockers in MANY ways.
Strength, ease of changing tires, looks, and they are modular. They can be replaced in sections if they are damaged vs throwing the aluminum wheel in the trash

The stockers are about the worst rim on any stock bike you can get.

guthrie08

#4 Post by guthrie08 »

how are the ITP aluminum double rolled wheels. they look alright for not being a beadlock

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

Originally posted by guthrie08
how are the ITP aluminum double rolled wheels. they look alright for not being a beadlock

Any rolled edge wheel is far superior to the stockers. I dont know what they are price wise...but you can look around for some stock Honda wheels on ebay, there are deals to be found and they are very tough wheels

Cdale_racer_669

#6 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i have hipers and love them. i love the way they look too. the ITP t-9's are decently priced and will do good too.

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

I have Hipers on front and back, and I love them. But I still think I could put a tire on a stock rim and have it ready to go quicker than my hipers, mainly because you still need to use a tire spoon to get the thing on. It wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have to go around and torque each one of the bolts, but its just a pain, theres so many of them.

Now taking a tire OFF the rim, that might go to the Hipers. All I know is I did my hipers and a buddy's stockers on his KFX 700 in the same day and I had his done way quicker. But in summary, get the Hipers, they are expensive, but they are worth the weight loss in the wallet for all the added benefits.

cannondale440

#8 Post by cannondale440 »

Tip: Use a electric drill and set the torque on it.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i use a air dealio to get them in nice and fast, then stop before they torque down and i go back and torque them down. just another way to do it...

CptHook

#10 Post by CptHook »

I did use an air gun when I did it, but I have more trust in a torque wrench than a drill, so thats what I used to get it in spec. Just my opinion, I think putting a tire ON a regular rim is quicker, theres just alot less to it. But I wouldnt let that convince me not to buy hipers.