Last Try!:(

440rider

Last Try!:(

#1 Post by 440rider »

guys i also posted this in the doug section for him as well!

I've done all I know how to and still no ride:(

Been having the problem with my quad will crank but not start (backfires now and then), i'm sure a few have responded to the getting towed post http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...&threadid=11624

did some troubleshooting and here's what i came up with:
Flywheel:
leaking seal behind flywheel, key is perfect(no shearing) all seems good

Battery:
12.4v holding charge

Fuel pump:
Hooked up gauge on top of pump (un hooked line out) and it read at 100psi (suppose to be around 45psi)

Fuel injector connectors:
Used a light testeR and had good solid positive but the negative was dim and flickering on the negative grounds

ECU: recalibrated the throttle put origional map in

I'm lost what to do? Out of about 50 tries the bike did fire once and ran and revved good an all. After i shut it off i couldnt get it started again. With the pump pressure could it be the regulator or the ECU (or ecu wiring)?

Need help bad i dont think it's the engine at all more so the electrical system of ecu. Not sure where to go from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Since no other Dales are around you I would recommend to just send it to Haydug.He has the capability to figure out the problem very quickly and will look at your seal and oil to recommend if any internal work should be done.It is a long drive but worth it unless you can find a willing Cannondale owner near you to start parts swapping and help.Only other option is to use the EFI manual and go through every test in it including all pin tests.Problem is some are wrong.Do not start buying parts you might not need before you know it you will have more money into parts than it would cost to have Haydug fix motor and trip to get quad to him.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

yes flywheel keyway is usually good, but did you check for keyway alignment with the outer "C" ?

440rider

keyway allignment

#4 Post by 440rider »

can you take the bolt off and see this with the flywheel still on? If so the notch is lined up with the C. Also if the timing was off would it have started at all in those 50 or so tries?

r.porter

#5 Post by r.porter »

Have you checked the valve clearance, if it gets to tight it won't start. Also since the crank seal is bad you may have the bearing going out letting the crank and flywheel drop away from the crank sensor. Some sensors are more sensitive than others. To get a good fuel pressure reading you have to have the fuel returning to the tank. If it's hooked up that way then make sure the gas is going into the tank. If not it could be the return fuel valve at the tank or if it is then the pressure regulator would be suspect.

440rider

#6 Post by 440rider »

havent checked valves, i'll check this weekend. If the sensor was bad or valvues were too tight would it have started at all out of those times i tried? I'll try troubleshoothing again this weekend. Wheres doug located?

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Right on Ohio river WestVirginia /Ohio border.Long way.

DMAC10

check this.

#8 Post by DMAC10 »

Check and see if the boot has came off between the air box and the throttle body. My did this once and had the same symptoms. Its and easy check. Hope that this is what it was.

440rider

#9 Post by 440rider »

me too! tks

dunnbandit1

#10 Post by dunnbandit1 »

did you take the flywheel off to check it?
the key broke off on mine and let it turn on the crank. you could not see it was bad from the outside